Advertisement

Author Topic: Yep, frauds have no shame like this GOP candidate  (Read 881 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Yep, frauds have no shame like this GOP candidate
« on: August 14, 2018, 09:36:55 AM »
Fake diploma? Florida candidate apologizes, stays in race

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — A Republican candidate for the Florida Legislature apologized Monday for saying she had a college degree that she didn't complete, but said she will stay in the race "and lead by example from now on."

Melissa Howard last week posted a photo of herself with what looked like a Miami University diploma after being accused of lying about her degree. The Ohio university later sent reporters a statement saying she attended the school, but never graduated and the diploma Howard posted has inaccuracies.

Howard posted an apology on her campaign Facebook page and admitted she didn't graduate from the school.

"I made a mistake in saying that I completed my degree. What I did was wrong and set a bad example for someone seeking public service. I am staying in the race and intend to win and lead by example from now on," she said.

Even if she dropped out, it's too late to get her name off the ballot ahead of the Aug. 28 primary. Vote by mail ballots were sent out a month ago. The seat represents portions of Manatee and Sarasota counties, where about 20,000 Republican votes have already been cast.

While some have taken to social media to say Howard should drop out, local party officials say the matter should be left to voters.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:47:20 PM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
Re: Yep, frauds still suck like this GOP candidate
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 11:16:49 AM »
With a face and body like that the only way she got through school was staying after class for extra credit and going over to the professor's house for special tutoring :D ;D

winerice

Re: Yep, frauds still suck like this GOP candidate
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 12:33:10 PM »
I knew somebody always got something to say about that.....

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Yep, frauds have no shame like this GOP candidate
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 11:27:17 PM »
Yep, that's how it is with frauds...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Yep, frauds have no shame like this GOP candidate
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 12:23:02 AM »
Besides having no shame/moral/ethics, hypocrite also seemed to be a normal trait/label for frauds too:

Advertisements