Advertisement

Author Topic: So I just got back from CA, Any Hmong  (Read 5468 times)

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
Re: So I just got back from CA, Any Hmong
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2018, 11:15:08 AM »
The more North you go the more gloomy it is. But then again, I love the gloomy weather and would love to live somewhere in Bodega Bay. Can't afford that, will probably have to move to Maine if I want a cottage by the beach.

But Maine is so far from everything :P

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2018, 11:24:27 AM »
Laguna Beach here!
that's a hill side communities and some houses are on steep slopes.  I have a little fear of height and I cringed driving pass that coastal town.  How are you adjusting and are there many hmongs living there? 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2018, 08:46:02 AM »
Haha! Sucks, no good Asian restaurants in LB. Not into American food, still  have to make a trip out to Irvine or Garden Grove for good food.
I must give you praise for being able to live in that area, let alone south cal.  i've visited there not longer ago, and couldn't handle the traffic, the smog and the emptiness.  i'm loving you (loving the beach, that is - great coastal views), the weather is great, the sites are wonderful, but traffic so bad it takes an hour to go 15 miles, the smog so bad you can't hardly see the blue skies and the emptiness of feeling alone...yes, there are plenty of hmong around but you can't tell the difference among the asians, it is sad one can't converse in their own language.  When i was down there, i'd say "nyob zoo" to random strangers just to see if someone would understand/reply.  people there work too hard, 6 out of 7 days and no time for play...you on the other hand must be working 24/7 or at least on other people's time, even though you're self-employed.  Garden Grove is where the heart is, i grew up there...now, i'd walk less than a block and eat pho again.

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2018, 09:39:00 AM »
Loving:  How long have you reside in LB?  What are so great things to do and see in LB?

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2018, 12:11:50 AM »

Because I live in LB, you assume I work like a dog.

.... So again, please don’t assume.

That's how it is when it comes to the handful members of the narrow minded ignorant clique like the Trump disciple...

They see one thing and think it applies in all cases or paint "everyone" with a broad brush...

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2018, 08:28:27 AM »

Because I live in LB, you assume I work like a dog. No, my working like a dog was when I was in my late teens up til my late 20’s. Now I work mostly from home and I pick and chose when I want to take on clients. Both fiancée and I have rental properties that we own long before we met. Just in case you’re wondering, the rental properties  pays for our current place in LB with extra for our monthly bills. Fiancée loves his job. We don’t have any debt, both rental properties are paid off.  We travel 2-3 times out of the year, on our own time. Since I have a flexible work schedule, and his boss let’s him take off whenever because he always complete his projects way ahead of schedule. So again, please don’t assume.
please don't take things out of context, never said you "worked like a dog", i was merely praising how people in southern cal are hard workers and giving credit especially to you (for the patience, agility and perseverance)...nothing condescending.
I didn't assume, i know you're into real estate and i understand real estate, i work in it myself...you don't get to pick and chose who you work with until you know their prequalificati on/approval status.  If lebron james asks you to show the property on 2431 riveria drive, at midnight...i know you would not refuse! 

if you want assumption, unless you're one of them, degenerative hmong folks can live any where they want and can kiss my a$$, that's why i left cali a long time ago!  sorry, if any of you cali people felt BURNT, by my statement! ha! ;D  #peace!  O0

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2018, 11:28:13 AM »
I read this morning that the politicians in California is going to start charging parking spaces because more and more people are starting to live out of their cars...wow :idiot2: :o

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2018, 11:33:26 AM »
I read this morning that the politicians in California is going to start charging parking spaces because more and more people are starting to live out of their cars...wow :idiot2: :o

You don't see this happening in a trump supportive state.  California is one of the most taxed state. 

So you like to pay higher gas prices to housing to cigarette to other unnecessary taxes?  Welcome to California where they booed trump and everything trump here. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2018, 11:47:42 AM »
You don't see this happening in a trump supportive state.  California is one of the most taxed state. 

So you like to pay higher gas prices to housing to cigarette to other unnecessary taxes?  Welcome to California where they booed trump and everything trump here.

If I ever move back to California I'll be a firefighter. Seems like they're always in demand ;D O0

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2018, 11:51:56 AM »
If I ever move back to California I'll be a firefighter. Seems like they're always in demand ;D O0

And you better not be using that fire truck to go on a grocery run because them democratic people will tell you to stop milking their tax funds. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2018, 10:37:20 PM »
There are successful Hmong people living in various affluent communities across the country. Why is this even surprising? It's especially not all that hard to imagine a single person (or a couple sans children) whose been doing nothing but building a career to mix and mingle with mainstream social elites in their respective neck of the woods.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2018, 08:16:35 AM »
I’ve been here a little over 2 years. I was living in San Francisco before that.  A lot of outdoor stuff if you’re an outdoor person. I do a lot of jogging and hiking. Fishing with my parents whenever they visit. A lot of music festivals, if you’re into that. Nice restaurants by the ocean, although I don’t eat out much except on cheat day, that’s when I head out to Irvine or Garden Grove.
What's a good place to go for hiking- where you see the cliffs/ ocean, nature, etc..

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2018, 01:48:44 PM »
 O0 O0

Advertisements