Advertisement

Author Topic: So I just got back from CA, Any Hmong  (Read 5516 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
So I just got back from CA, Any Hmong
« on: August 15, 2018, 08:42:15 AM »
living in Malibu?  Santa Barbara?  Laguna Beach?  Huntington Beach? Oh yes, Laguna and Santa Barbara seem to be "cliff communities" because houses sit on steep slope. 

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
Re: So I just got back from CA, Any Hmong
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 09:15:41 AM »
ehhh...escusey me...we can't afford to live in those seaside places.

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

winerice

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 10:27:13 AM »
There are hmong folks live in Santa Barbara. Few of them were my roommate back in the hayday.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 11:19:55 AM »
I drive South off i5 and it shows Lompoc go west towards them mountains.  Over the mountain is the ocean so go there to find your Hmong people like how nkausee found her white peach called a husband. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 11:22:19 AM »
By the way.  I will be going to sol Cali on the 24th weekend to the 3lau party, an edm party.  I know for a fact that I will see your Hmong people there. 

winerice

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 12:28:18 PM »
By the way.  I will be going to sol Cali on the 24th weekend to the 3lau party, an edm party.  I know for a fact that I will see your Hmong people there.

Duma, sometime i think you're more hmong then viet since you always associated with hmong. Might as well marry a hmong woman. You know we hmong tend to have a lot of family gathering. I have a chinese coworker that married hmong as well.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 12:40:51 PM »
Duma, sometime i think you're more hmong then viet since you always associated with hmong. Might as well marry a hmong woman. You know we hmong tend to have a lot of family gathering. I have a chinese coworker that married hmong as well.

You know how you guys have white missionary guys who can speak Hmong? 

Well they lack the culture and the looks but I lack the language. 

For sure I marry Hmong if that's how the cookies crumble but just in case I do marry Hmong, I'm still on pH to educate myself.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 01:16:19 PM »
Yes, housing in CA can be very expensive.  I was just playing house hunting in some of the areas I've passed through and my goodness, I'd have to win a lottery to live in some of those places ;D ;D ;D  I was in Cambria and even an old looking house cost half a million.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 01:40:07 PM »
knowing duma, he's gonna find a midwest hmong chick who's living at AC/Pupraya, every weekend.  since you might be doing a hmong wedding, i can be your mejkong!  bring lots of ca$h..cause hmong chicks ain't free, even those who are divorced.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 01:42:54 PM »
Driving through CA, I'm like a kid in the candy store-lots of things captured my attention: mountain ranges, palm trees, those flowering trees w/ the red, purple, and yellow flowers, brittle dry grasses, those towns in the middle of now where, valleys of vineyards, rows and rows of orchard (oranges-still green), almond orchards, cows eating on mountain slope, houses atop mountains slope, cows w/ no green pasture except the good earth underneath their feet, and yes those hill side communities along the steep slope.  Also, I love the dry heat even in 100 degree temperature... I could tolerate. 

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 04:11:36 PM »
Back when I lived in Santa Barbara, the Holloween parties were crazy as heck, with people flying in from as far away as Florida just to party.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 05:37:06 PM »
living in Malibu?  Santa Barbara?  Laguna Beach?  Huntington Beach? Oh yes, Laguna and Santa Barbara seem to be "cliff communities" because houses sit on steep slope.

Yes there are

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 05:37:47 PM »
I just got back from California myself and the most interesting to me was seeing the whales blowing their air holes from hwy 1 and all the farmers and workers on the field. Its always so gloomy on the coast but it was much better than the 100+ weather in the central valley :P

Too much Asians to be worrying about seeing any Hmongs :P

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2018, 07:35:49 AM »
Laguna Beach here!
well...essacuse me again...i guess there are hmong people in Laguna!  Nyob zoo!  ha!

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2018, 09:40:41 AM »
well...essacuse me again...i guess there are hmong people in Laguna!  Nyob zoo!  ha!

Of course there are but I don't expect the handful members of the narrow minded ignorant clique to comprehend that simple *fact*... ;D

Advertisements