Advertisement

Author Topic: We studied French and couldn't quite get to the romantic part.  (Read 558 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
They say French is a romantic language. But, damn, the grammar is most difficult! Back in high school, I never got to anything romantic in the language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOkYszcaMk8

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

luelee1985

Re: We studied French and couldn't quite get to the romantic part.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 08:35:04 PM »
They say French is a romantic language. But, damn, the grammar is most difficult! Back in high school, I never got to anything romantic in the language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOkYszcaMk8
HAHA!!! Its a romance language not a romantic language; a common mistake by most people. No one ever said it was a romantic language, everyone just thought they meant romantic when they in fact said "romance." A romance language are a set of languages that originated from Latin or more accurately the Romans. French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Occitan, Romanian, and Catalone are all romance languages. So there is no actual romantic language, however, everything does sound better in French.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: We studied French and couldn't quite get to the romantic part.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 08:42:20 PM »
Thanks for that clarification. lol

I love the sound of Hmong, Mandarin, and Bangkok Thai just equally.

HAHA!!! Its a romance language not a romantic language; a common mistake by most people. No one ever said it was a romantic language, everyone just thought they meant romantic when they in fact said "romance." A romance language are a set of languages that originated from Latin or more accurately the Romans. French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Occitan, Romanian, and Catalone are all romance languages. So there is no actual romantic language, however, everything does sound better in French.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements