Advertisement

Author Topic: What were your family's view on race, ethnicity, and difference?  (Read 1900 times)

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Every family has this conversation once or twice  ;D

Like this post: 0
I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
Re: What were your family's view on race, ethnicity, and difference?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 06:33:40 AM »
some hates it, while other embraces it.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 12:59:58 PM »
May be universally seen by my people.  Don't date kaydoo.  We got so many crack jokes about kaydoo like no others. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 01:19:57 PM »
lol...don't date kaydoo cause they lazy...meka dawb are the white devil...mev is okay as long as they stay hard working ;D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 01:21:28 PM »
Every family has this conversation once or twice  ;D

The character of the person is way more important than race, ethnicity, clan, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, background/history, etc... O0

It's a fact and common knowledge that there are good and bad apples in every basket...

« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 01:08:24 AM by theking »

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 01:43:57 PM »
My father was in charge of our area's schools. He  was involved in building schools and hiring teachers of Hmong, Lao, and Thai backgrounds to  teach our locals.

Those  teachers  brought their families to live in our village while they were teaching.

My father also hired some Khmu and  Hmong to work our  farms.

I grew up very exposed to different cultures.

I do see different colors in all of us.  But I see the same blood running in all of us.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 04:24:01 PM »
my father strictly upheld us to Hmongs only...his reasoning was if you're in need of help, who are u going to call? the ghostbuster?! j/k...he used to jokingly tell us, if u married a non hmong and when they kill u, u will have no soul or relative to help bury u...through the years he's calmed down a lot and became more open minded now...during my era and my 2nd sister's era back in the 90s...he would cut the phone line or ground us from using any connection to the outside world if we were even talking to a non hmong

That is child abuse. 

Kid can grow up being fawked in the head.  Just like a kkk parents forbidden their children to seek friends of what is not in the kkk foundation.

You were fed with lies your whole life.  You were conditioned not by your choice but by the blueprint of your daddy. 

Sux to be you. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

flint-rod

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 05:52:56 PM »
my mom's a racist... lol! we could only marry hmong or else she would kill herself... lucky for her we all married hmong... lol!

my dad didn't care... when it came to other races... he dated plenty of thai and lao women per my mom...

i don't mean to brag but back in college... a lot of black girls thought i was cute... i remember this one black camp counselor and i, we got to talking one summer while working together and she told me i was cute... but i was too short... lol! she was a legit 5'10"...

but then again... a lot of girls found me cute... there was plenty of white chicks, mexican chicks, black chicks, viet, chinese, thai, cambodian, and korean...

flint-rod

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 06:22:36 PM »
^ your parents must be younger and of the progressive mindset... folks of my parents' generation are still pretty racist... my sister in law's first husband was hmong... he was abusive and schizophrenic. .. she's currently married to a white dude and my mom still doesn't think that he'll love her to the end... hello, i'm sorry but there was obviously no "till the end with her 'hmong' husband... lol!

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 04:53:05 AM »
My parents didn't care about race. Instead, they were more concerned about the individual. Have brother and sister in laws  who are white, hmong,  latino.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 10:50:18 PM »
As the country becomes more homogenized, more people will be in an interracial relationship. Nonetheless, my advice to my children is to marry into a group that is doing well overall. You don't want to have children who inherits all the emotional burdens and stigmas of a group.

IN OTHER WORDS, YOU DON'T JUST MARRY THE INDIVIDUAL...Y OU MARRY THEIR RACE and YOUR CHILDREN INHERIT THE CULTURE.

The world owes you s.hit. So be smart about it.

I know Hmong girls who have biracial babies with black men. Now they be crying about how their sons might grow up experiencing all that so-called stigma that black libtards be whining about.

First of all, that is already a fail to presume such notions. The world is ever-changing and telling the kid he's a victim before he's experienced it sets him up to fail. A majority of black kids NEVER experience blatant racism in their predominantly black communities. They do, however, live in fear of black-on-black crime.

Secondly, should've thought about that first.

Skin color is equal but cultures are not.

Some cultures are more superior than others.

Advertisements