Advertisement

Author Topic: Just wondering about jammed's cousin, dude was involved with Black Hawk down and  (Read 751 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...and earned a Purple Heart out of it??  ???

Fire Fight From Hell

...A few minutes before midnight--nearly nine hours after the assault team landed atop the Olympic Hotel--the U.N. rescue convoy of some 30 APCs and tanks, including a second QRF force, finally got underway. One of the Malaysian APCs held the eight-man squad from the 41st Engineers of the 10th Mountain Division, which included Private Xiong Ly, a native of Stockton, Calif. When they came under heavy fire, Ly's squad dropped the hatch and piled out. Seconds later, a rocket-propelled grenade struck the APC, killing the Malaysian driver and wounding his machine gunner. Huddling by a wall for protection, Ly was hit by shrapnel in the foot. For the next five hours, he and his squad fought off a brutal Somali siege. Grenade shrapnel tore into Ly's other ankle and wounded his sergeant in the chest and face. Ly dived for a wall and hugged the ground, taking more shrapnel in his back. just before 6 a.m. on Monday, a scout helicopter arrived, providing cover for two APCs that raced in to evacuate the squad. "At that point," says Ly, "I didn't care if I lived or died." ....

https://www.newsweek.com/fire-fight-hell-194392

Yeah, I know, jammed's probably not around PH anymore to answer my curiosity.. ???

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements