Advertisement

Author Topic: How many times do you have to marry?  (Read 262 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
How many times do you have to marry?
« on: September 10, 2018, 07:06:20 PM »
A couple divorced. Wife  remarried. Their daughter got married  and did the wedding with the mother and the new husband.

Then a few years later, the daughter did another wedding with the father to fully complete her wedding.

Is this normal?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +725
    • View Profile
Re: How many times do you have to marry?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 01:00:17 AM »
as many times as they want, their time and money...No law or restrictions against it afaik..

Offline Jiggles

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 01:07:34 AM »
That's what happens when mother and father can't get along? I see that happening with my daughters too. The real question is, did her husband pay both parents or how is the bride price distributed in situations like this?

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +122
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 07:26:36 AM »
as many times as they want, their time and money...No law or restrictions against it afaik..
damn it!!  you beat me to it.  I was just gonna say the same thing, "as many times as they want, their time and money."

Offline DuMa

• Sr. Poster
  • NRUS MAS
  • Respect: +291
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 12:46:43 PM »
Cot dam reporter, your English is bad today. 

For a moment there, I read that the daughter also got a divorce and did a second marriage with the father. 

A wedding is a party.  You can party as many times as you can afford to.  However, a wedding is more sacred.  If you did a wedding and feel incomplete and needs a second wedding then your first time around is lacking and not legit. 

Make it more complicated by having another wedding with her new step father.  Don't complicate yourself.  Only time I think another wedding is necessary is after a few years, a few kids, the old hag just doesn't put out anymore.  Time to renew your vows to get laid. 

"There is a party up in here... Fawk you over there"  ha

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 04:15:58 PM »
That's why you have to understand the cultural connotations more.

Cot dam reporter, your English is bad today. 

For a moment there, I read that the daughter also got a divorce and did a second marriage with the father. 

A wedding is a party.  You can party as many times as you can afford to.  However, a wedding is more sacred.  If you did a wedding and feel incomplete and needs a second wedding then your first time around is lacking and not legit. 

Make it more complicated by having another wedding with her new step father.  Don't complicate yourself.  Only time I think another wedding is necessary is after a few years, a few kids, the old hag just doesn't put out anymore.  Time to renew your vows to get laid.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 04:27:17 PM »
I get the feeling that our people love having weddings.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 04:29:26 PM »
Mother collected the bride price at the first wedding.

When the daughter held her wedding through the father, the groom wouldn't pay anymore. The groom insisted that he be credited for his payment to the mother but that he would pay for the cost of the meal. So, the father only hosted the wedding at his place the second time.

That's what happens when mother and father can't get along? I see that happening with my daughters too. The real question is, did her husband pay both parents or how is the bride price distributed in situations like this?

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 04:30:46 PM »
So, it is normal and okay for them to hold two weddings, each with each former parent and then do a third  at an uncle's? After all, the elderly rep must acknowledge the wedding, too, right? :2funny:

damn it!!  you beat me to it.  I was just gonna say the same thing, "as many times as they want, their time and money."

Offline jena

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 09:35:48 AM »
These people must be loaded to be throwing wedding receptions left and right.  Thatís a bit excessive, but like previous comments, if they can afford it, have it as many times as they want to. After the third or fourth one, it may become meaningless.  :-\
 I guess itís ok as long as they donít ask their guest to pay $1k like some other post someone posted.   ;D

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2018, 03:14:38 PM »
True. It becomes meaningless as more weddings are held.

These people must be loaded to be throwing wedding receptions left and right.  Thatís a bit excessive, but like previous comments, if they can afford it, have it as many times as they want to. After the third or fourth one, it may become meaningless.  :-\
 I guess itís ok as long as they donít ask their guest to pay $1k like some other post someone posted.   ;D

Advertisements