Advertisement

Author Topic: speaking of home repairs... what costly repairs have you done to your home...?  (Read 736 times)

flint-rod

over the summer... i paid a certified electrician to pig tail all of my aluminum wiring outlets into copper... then, i had him replace my breaker box which is known to cause fires aka federal pacific electric... cost: 3k... after seeing him do it... and he even taught me how to do it thereafter he charged me but... it didn't seem too hard... btw, does anyone need a un-certified diy electrician...? i could potentially give you a new breaker box and pigtail aluminum wires into copper... but if your house should go up in flames... i ain't responsible... cost: will work for beer... lol!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
over the summer... i paid a certified electrician to pig tail all of my aluminum wiring outlets into copper... then, i had him replace my breaker box which is known to cause fires aka federal pacific electric... cost: 3k... after seeing him do it... and he even taught me how to do it thereafter he charged me but... it didn't seem too hard... btw, does anyone need a un-certified diy electrician...? i could potentially give you a new breaker box and pigtail aluminum wires into copper... but if your house should go up in flames... i ain't responsible... cost: will work for beer... lol!
must be a mile high thing....

flint-rod

must be a mile high thing....

must be... aluminum was prominent in most homes here up until the 80's... i wanna say it was due to the fact that during the 60's and 70's copper was too expensive to use... thus my house is a '68... anyway, per my electrician rewiring my whole house with copper isn't practical because it could cost up to 40k... the best option is to pigtail all the circuits with the exception of where the circuit ends with copper and replacing a known faulty breaker box... 3k in cash was what it cost me...

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
 O0 O0

flint-rod

2 summers ago... i painted the fascia and trimmings along my house and replaced all the faux window panels... the cost: less than a couple of hundred dollars... pretty inexpensive...  i suppose this summer makes up for it... lol!

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
The pipes...I got a Mev guy to fix them. That's the costliest so far.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Solar panels = 20k

Advertisements