Advertisement

Author Topic: Glad to see this minority fired as reverse racism and/or racism is just as bad  (Read 393 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...in general especially here in America:

'I simply wanted a quesadilla': Woman says Taco Bell worker denied her service for speaking English

A woman said she was denied service at a Taco Bell because she did not speak Spanish.

Alexandria Montgomery pulled into the drive-thru of a Taco Bell last week in Hialeah, Florida, attempting to order food.

But her order was never taken, and Montgomery said it's because of racism.

In a video posted to Facebook, Montgomery is seen arguing with a woman in the drive-thru video.

"Nobody here speaks English? Nobody in the back speaks English? So you can't take my order," Montgomery said in the video.

During the verbal altercation, the employee said, “Can you move please? I have an order behind you. There is no one who speaks English."

Montgomery later left the drive-thru.

“I simply wanted a quesadilla, and that’s not hard to understand in Spanish, because I think it’s a Spanish word,” she said to WSVN-TV.

Hialeah is considered to have the country's largest Hispanic population, according to the Miami Herald, which cited census data.

Nearly 90 percent of the city's residents speak Spanish as a first or second language.

In a statement to WSVN, Taco Bell said the woman behind the counter was later fired.

“This does not meet our customer experience expectations. We have worked quickly to resolve with the customer to ensure this doesn’t happen again… This individual no longer works for the brand," the company said.

https://www.kcra.com/article/i-simply-wanted-a-quesadilla-woman-says-taco-bell-worker-denied-her-service-for-speaking-english/23245526

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements