Advertisement

Author Topic: Now this is more like it ...Don't be like the NSX??  (Read 195 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +746
    • View Profile
Now this is more like it ...Don't be like the NSX??
« on: September 27, 2018, 11:51:36 PM »
I was disappointed when I heard the new Supra like the new NSX wasn't sporting manual drive...so hope this changes it??  ???:

Toyota has developed a manual transmission for the Supra

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/09/26/toyota-supra-manual-transmission/

A sports car without a real manual drive is just not a real sports car IMO...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline darkhelmet

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
Re: Now this is more like it ...Don't be like the NSX??
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 08:43:51 AM »
Have you driven a dual clutch before?  You can drive it like a manual.  Best of both worlds.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +746
    • View Profile
Re: Now this is more like it ...Don't be like the NSX??
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 01:03:11 AM »
Have you driven a dual clutch before?  You can drive it like a manual.  Best of both worlds.

Yes, and it's still not the same to me when compared to a traditional manual tranny with a clutch pedal. I driven a couple of cars with dual clutch tranny using the "+" and "-" shift knob in the console as well as the paddle shifter on the steering wheel but the input I get is still not the same as a traditional manual tranny with a clutch pedal. I feel like the car's computer is doing too much of the input.

With that said, I know the traditional manual tranny with a clutch pedal is dying fast and I heard the DCT is also dying right behind it because most drivers still prefer driving cars with auto tranny.. ???

Advertisements