Advertisement

Author Topic: What are your thoughts on Hmong leaders today  (Read 6566 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
Re: What are your thoughts on Hmong leaders today
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2018, 08:32:02 PM »
A lot of women don't attend because they simply don't want to.

Plus, their ideas for improving and strengthening Hmong communities may focus on other aspects of Hmong life.

I don't see it necessary to force a collaboration when it's obvious that neither are ready to work together due to different priorities.

Hmong women also understand about personal space. Men need their space just as much as Hmong women need their space.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2018, 08:48:24 PM »
I could go on about this topic but let me just put this out there.

The Hmong are not progressing as fast because we simply do not apply ourselves and that kind of mentality gets passed down to our American-born children.

We do not have a competitive spirit and many are either too complacent or too eager to accept the Liberal narrative where our shortcomings are easily blamed on phantom ideas like racism, income inequality and so on. Too many self-proclaimed leaders push victimhood mentality. We need to have a victor mentality.

The Chinese do not see themselves as victims, ever. They view others as competition and thus they mobilize to outcompete the other teams.

The East Indians also do not let charges of racism stop them. They fully understand the importance of taking advantage of opportunities rather than squandering them. This can be said about the Vietnamese.

The Jews use victimhood to their advantage. Because of anti-semitism, they have actually made their communities super wealthy. If a doctor discriminates against you, you might as well become a doctor. If an accountant won't do your taxes, you might as well become an accountant. Get my drift? If Hollywood doesn't hire you, you might as well become a director, playwright, actor, and have your own movie studio. Now you run Hollywood.

What are the Hmong doing to overcome their barriers other than expect government to rescue them? Are we implementing our own money lending practices to help establish small businesses? Do we hire our own? Do we support our businesses? And here is a big question?

What have we done to change our own personal choices?

Still marrying young? Still having a lot of kids before you can financially support them? Still choosing to be with a directionless partner?

The list of bad personal choices goes on and on.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2018, 09:33:10 PM »
First of all, I would do away with victimhood mentality and outrage culture.

That nonsense has been destroying black-Americans for centuries. It's just another tactic white slaveowners used on slaves and now the Democratic Party does the same to minorities.

If you're too preoccupied with baseless racism then you're not focused on competing. Racism becomes a crutch for you to pass blame whenever you fail. And then you stop trying because what's the point when you believe racism stops you or that the wealthy 1% stops you?

When NFL football players go for tryouts, are they worried about the other guy's skin color? Are they cry babying about whether or not they trained in the best facility?

No.

Because it doesn't mean s.hit.

If you don't perform on the field then you're done. At the end of the day, the team owner is not going to cut you slack and say, "well that guy runs slower because he's from the hood. It's okay that he runs slower. Let's give him a break."

Turn your weaknesses into your strengths. If the other guy trains in a better facility, what are you going to do to even the playing field? Stop worrying about him, worry about yourself.

No excuses.

Successful people push through.

Look at Oprah Winfrey. While every women complained about being rejected for their skin color, their weight, their poor background, their gender, etc....Oprah Winfrey was every one of those things.

Oprah came from a single parent home. She was from the hood. She even got pregnant at 14 from a rape. She battled weight issues all her life. She's black. Yet, she's the wealthiest self-made gazillionaire in the world.

When producers weren't featuring shows that she wanted to watch, THE WOMAN CREATED HER OWN NETWORK.

Oprah does not fight to be part of a man's world. Oprah be in her own universe.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2018, 09:42:23 PM »
Secondly, follow the model of highly successful groups.

Why are the Hmong trying to be activists like blacks? Why do some Hmong people think we can relate to First Nations People?

Blacks use slavery as a crutch. They use that to beat whites over the head with. All the nonsense that we are experiencing right now in the political arena is because of white guilt. The best they can do for blacks is to leave black alone. No other minority group in America has had so much attention from whites than blacks, whether it was love or hate. Just leave black people alone!

You should listen to what Frederick Douglas had to say about that. A modern person parroting the same sentiments is Shelby Steele.

"White liberals, just leave black people alone!"

First Nations will always have reasons for special treatment. They were here before the settlers. And yet, once left to their own communities to dictate they are not doing so well.

The Hmong do not have slavery as a crutch. Blacks were brought against their will, we came here by choice. If at any time any Hmong person claims this country is too racist, he/she can leave. Go back the way they came. We are not First Nations where we were here before the settlers and can use that as a crutch.

Re-emphasize the fact that America is the true ally of the Hmong people. Never before has it been heavily encouraged and promoted for the Hmong to succeed. DO NOT SQUANDER AWAY SUCH OPPORTUNITIES that others have died for and are trying to steal their way in.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2018, 03:49:57 AM »
NO way...  Honestly, women are not well accepted with the traditional Hmong Leadership circles.  It is why many highly capable Hmong Woman Leader lead outside the traditional leadership circles and into the nonprofit and for profit.  I think women have a lot of ideas to add just like men.

So what you are basically saying is, no women are willing to attend.

Advertisements