Advertisement

Author Topic: Nothing is stronger than a mother's love for her child or her bond  (Read 583 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...with her child on average from what I've seen  O0:

Mom suffers horrific injuries while shielding her baby during freak hailstorm

An Australian woman is being heralded online as the world's toughest mom over the horrific injuries she sustained while shielding her baby when they became trapped during a freak hailstorm.

Fiona Simpson, 23, was driving in southern Queensland with her 78-year-old grandmother and 4-month-old daughter, Clara, on Thursday when the weather suddenly took a turn for the worse, the Australian Broadcasting Company (ABC) reports.

Simpson told the outlet that she quickly pulled her vehicle to the side of the road to wait out the storm — but that it quickly became apparent that the threat was still imminent.

"I wasn't driving very fast because I couldn't see very well," Simpson said. "I couldn't see in front of me, I couldn't even see the line on the road."

Simpson said she heard a loud bang and then felt water start pouring into her vehicle. After realizing the rear window where her daughter was sitting had been shattered, the quick-acting mom jumped into the backseat and used herself as a human shield to protect the infant.

Eventually, the tennis-ball sized hail smashed another of the vehicle's windows, and though Simpson says she attempted to shield both her grandmother and her infant, both women ended up sustaining severe injuries from the massive ice chunks.

After the storm cell passed, Simpson drove the damaged vehicle to a nearby home, where residents quickly called for paramedics.

Simpson and her daughter were treated for their injuries and released from Kingaroy Hospital in Queensland, Australia, on Thursday.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing is stronger than a mother's love for her child or her bond
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 08:46:04 PM »
So, where is the dad?

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements