Advertisement

Author Topic: Understanding Sexual Assault Cases 101  (Read 2499 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
Understanding Sexual Assault Cases 101
« on: October 13, 2018, 02:18:29 AM »
I invite attorneys who have experience and formal education in these cases to chime in.

As we've all seen for the past few weeks, swathes of women (along with some men) have protested and harassed members in the public sector over the Brett Kavanaugh hearing. They've erected a symbolic movement - which is all that it really is - that women should be believed without question.

My understanding is that in many of these cases, it is up to the prosecuting attorney (DA) to gauge whether or not there is enough evidence to move forward. Simply believing is not enough to bring on charges.

So having said that, Dr. Ford was already believed. She was believed by Dianne Feinstein. The case is no longer the alleged victim's to win but for the prosecutors to prove their client's allegations.

The only person on trial here is the accused (defendant), in which he/she is innocent until proven guilty.

If anybody has to shoulder blame, it should be the prosecutor for a shoddy performance.

Protest the incompetent prosecutor.

Harassing and bullying the defendant, the defendant's attorney, the judge, and if there were jurors - does not make the victim more believable nor does it win the case.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
Re: Understanding Sexual Assault Cases 101
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 02:21:29 AM »
My understanding is that IF you disagree with the verdict (you being the accuser), asking for a new trial because the other team did a better job is not a legit reason.

However, if you can show that you were not fairly represented by your attorney and that your attorney was too incompetent, then you can re-open the case. You can retry only when it is YOUR team that failed YOU.

However, do not blame the other team for doing their job.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Understanding Sexual Assault Cases 101
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 09:35:50 PM »
I invite attorneys who have experience and formal education in these cases to chime in.

Funniest sh!t I've heard all day... ;D ;D ;D

Advertisements