Advertisement

Author Topic: Nice MkIV Supra and it's a manual too  (Read 3259 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1320
    • View Profile
Nice MkIV Supra and it's a manual too
« on: October 16, 2018, 12:13:17 AM »
 O0:

This Low-Mile Manual Toyota Supra Turbo Just Sold for $70,500

Finding a good MkIV Toyota Supra can be a challenge, especially a Turbo model with a manual transmission. That makes this 20,000-mile, six-speed 1994 Supra Turbo on Bring a Trailer quite a rare sight. And for that reason, we don't think it'll be cheap.

After all, a totally stock 1994 Supra Turbo recently sold for $80,000 on Bring a Trailer. That car had significantly lower mileage than this black one, with just 5600 clicks on its digital odometer, but it was an automatic, too. So that gives us at least a rough idea of what to expect from this one. This one is listed for nearly $65,000 and has 3.5 times the mileage, so we know this won't be cheap.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Nice MkIV Supra and it's a manual too
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 11:34:40 AM »
It was a bad ass car during its time.  Those who are able to drive and own it was on a league of their own. 

The other sexy car to me was when I first saw them eclipse, the same model to the 1st fast and furious chain.  It looked like alien.

During the same time, it was foreign to find out that my family friend was living in SF, a refugee and yet, even before I knew what a skyline was, I saw him drove it to my house.  Did not know what it was at the time.  There was no logo or any.  The guy said he bought it in SF from a car import guy at the pier.  Some guy already tries to offer him 10k for that car. To him, it was a no name car.  Later on, I thought back to that day and yes indeed, it was a skyline.  The cash paying guy probably going after the engine to swap. 

I owned a Supra myself.   I think it was a late 80s model.  89 probably and stick too.  It was the car that I learned how to drive stick.  Ended up selling it back to a white kid who goes to a Jr. College.  His first car and a gift from his father.  What a spoiled guy. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1320
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 09:59:26 PM »
That's probably why I'm little disappointed with the new 2019 Supra based on the initial specs?? Plus, they were talking about no manual too ...a pure sports car with an auto is just ain't right imo..

When the MkIV Supra came out in 1993, it had world class specs and performance to match...

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 06:43:45 AM »
Nice!!!!  A gem from the past for sure.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 08:31:08 PM »
Supra when it cam out was a grand tourer type vehicle. The MR2 was more focused on the sporty & handling side of things. Nobody knew what the 2JZGTE was even capable of when the Supra came out. There were no swap kits for any car & Supra was a pig & very slow. It wasn't even until the BIG horsepower Supras starting coming out that the Supra itself was even popular. Little help form the F&F movie, but that's all rice. LOL

So the new Supra is sorta of geared in the same way as the old one. 70K most people who are Supra crazy don't even have 40k for a old one. No one knew what the Supra really was back then & even knowing now? Most people aren't going to run out and buy one.

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Offline darkhelmet

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 08:40:50 AM »
The only way to keep its value is LOW mileage and NO mods.   Most Supras out there are hella modded and mileage is high so you are not going to fetch these top dollars.

Collectors only want unmolested, low mileage, near perfect cars.

I made you read this.

Advertisements