Advertisement

Author Topic: are you willing to reduce climate change......by changing your lifestyle???  (Read 6819 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile

Let me tell you about the law of
SUPPLY AND DEMAND

Dude doesn't even know why guys like Lebron and Rodgers get pay so much more than their team mates even though it's common knowledge yet he's going to tell us about "SUPPLY AND DEMAND"... ;D

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU DO DUMB-DUMB, AS LONG AS YOU ARE STILL CONSUMING S.HIT THAT YOU DON'T PRODUCE YOURSELF.

DO YOU GROW YOUR OWN COTTON AND MAKE YOUR OWN FABRIC TO MAKE YOUR OWN CLOTHES? DO YOU OWN YOUR OWN LIVESTOCK TO BUTCHER FOR MEAT?

DO YOU HAVE YOUR OWN PATCH OF WOODS TO MILL AND PRODUCE PAPER PRODUCTS, TO BUILD YOUR OWN HOUSE, ETC?

As long as you depend on MASS PRODUCTION then you have already consumed too much. It takes a lot of energy and resources to mass produce goods and then ship them to consumers. Do you know how many products are being mass produced and then shipped in and out of cities/states/countries by the hour?

A global market especially does NOT help reduce consumption. The ability to buy a product off Amazon from a seller who is not local further contributes to consumption.

Lol

Let me tell you about the law of
SUPPLY AND DEMAND

the reason why they mass produced (SUPPLY)
Is because people keep buying not one but multiple stuff (DEMAND)

All I’m saying is reduce your stuff (DEMAND)
Stop buying so much stuff  (SUPPLY)
than they will stop making soo much stuff (SUPPLY) and cause pollution

LOVE IT!!! ;D O0

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
I think you are off. 

I grew up with wearing socks until there is a hole in it.  Mommy dearest be like.... How is the economy going to thrive if everyone conserve like you do? 

She has a point. 

The issue here is not conserving but to buy smarter.  Voice your opinions or go on protest and boycott a company until they make changes to their products and packaging materials.

I also hold a degree in PKG eng at sjsu by the way.  All they drilled us daily is to recycle and conserve but recycling may uses more synergy. 

R&d has to think about the costing prices vs the environmental factors vs consumers taste vs all sorts of other angles involved like regulation and if selling global, how will such country handles their waste particles. 

Germany at one time took our exports and ship us back the packaging materials because they have no answer for it. 

I did saw biodegradable packaging materials but the cost will be baked into the pricing and consumers may not be down in buying such products if the pricing is not as sound. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
Just remember that if you boycott companies and stop mass production, you will be literally destroying the lives of those who work in the industries.

Many Hmong work in production. They need these jobs. Not everybody is e-ja-ma-cated like PHers who are all PhD scholars, doctors, lawyers, and engineers.

Remember, in the words of theking, the Hmong are still very primitive. They need Walmart and Dollar Tree. Not every Hmong has China on their speed dial like theking and can buy cheap crap at wholesale prices.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Dude doesn't even know why guys like Lebron and Rodgers get pay so much more than their team mates even though it's common knowledge yet he's going to tell us about "SUPPLY AND DEMAND"... ;D

Lol

The law of SUPPLY AND DEMAND don’t work in sports
It’s funny how you always trying to start a fight
Throwing the first punch

If you play football fantasy
You will know

Players have VALUE instead
It’s how much they think they are worth

For example: DENVER OFFER COLIN KEAPNICK SONETHING LIKE $10m/ year
But he say no. He want more. Etc... a lot is just players value and politics...

Reason why DEZ BYRANT is still got no job

God did not created man...man created god

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
Just remember that if you boycott companies and stop mass production, you will be literally destroying the lives of those who work in the industries.

Many Hmong work in production. They need these jobs. Not everybody is e-ja-ma-cated like PHers who are all PhD scholars, doctors, lawyers, and engineers.

Remember, in the words of theking, the Hmong are still very primitive. They need Walmart and Dollar Tree. Not every Hmong has China on their speed dial like theking and can buy cheap crap at wholesale prices.

Its our work and reward system
It’s broken
You work 40 hours/week straight to the welfare office

Something is broken

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Lol

The law of SUPPLY AND DEMAND don’t work in sports
It’s funny how you always trying to start a fight
Throwing the first punch

If you play football fantasy
You will know

Players have VALUE instead
It’s how much they think they are worth

For example: DENVER OFFER COLIN KEAPNICK SONETHING LIKE $10m/ year
But he say no. He want more. Etc... a lot is just players value and politics...

Reason why DEZ BYRANT is still got no job

Yes it does but I don't expect you to comprehend even though numerous PH members have already tried to explain to you...Do you volunteer to pick last at every position when you select your "Fantasy Football Team"?

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile

you come here on forum
saying trump won the president
so you won

ok

that's great!!!
but that's it?

you won because trump won??

you still poor
you haven't even won anything

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
You work 40 hours/week straight to the welfare office

NOPE, not for most...most Americans work "40 hours/week" and never need to go "straight to the welfare office"...You on the other hand purposely work less than 20 hours a week because you rather steal from the poor's resources instead...i.e.,"food stamps"..

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

you come here on forum
saying trump won the president
so you won

ok

that's great!!!
but that's it?

you won because trump won??

you still poor
you haven't even won anything

LOVE IT!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile

You don't have to look far.  Conservation is something that is quote unquote, not an Asian thing.  Our
Nets in the motherland are bigger every year and the catches are smaller.  Baby infant Frys, we take them all. 

Here in the USA, Hmong or viets or azn who don't care or have that old school of thought will catch a freezer load if given the opportunity to harvest their catch. 

So when ask if we care about global climate by reduce and recycle, the nos have said it.  Just look up from previous replies.

Less than 5% azn in my graduating class and lesser in the geological study department. 

Just like how Cali had our drought.  The azn i know don't care to conserve.  They still let their lawn turn yellow but still showers daily and their backyard is still green cuz our azn vegetables are more important.  We only stopped cuz they raised the prices of water.  Our mentality is simple.  Worse comes to worse, the white man will find a way to bail us all out.

Like there is a saying by me.... You want to catch and release?  Go right ahead.  I'll be at the bottom of the river to catch and eat your fish.   

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
I looked into the research, and YES, the climate change is REAL, and been real since the ice age.  YES, human being are A contributing factor...BUT, we don't know if the world is going to end in 2030 because of human.  What we do know is more fossil fuel is being burned and whatever America do won't change that India, China, SE Asian, and LATAM are adding to the carbon footprint.

STOP...the world is not ending.  The Climate Change people are stealing from the Fundamentalist Christians...w hen 2030 come and go, everyone is going to laugh at all the morons like they did with all the moronic fundamentalist Christians who said Y2K was the end of the world.  Scientists are being use as a political tool to change the business environment.  That's it.  I know this because policy maker will support scientists to get the policy they need to be enacted for their personal gains.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
Reduce or eliminate meat consumption will help a lot.

Reduce traveling by car or air.

Don't buy anything new.  Don't eat process food.

Live in a very small house to reduce heating and cooling cost.

Recycle when you can. 

Educate your friends and neighbors.

I think that's the best you can do.  I do most of the above.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
Reduce or eliminate meat consumption will help a lot.

Reduce traveling by car or air.

Don't buy anything new.  Don't eat process food.

Live in a very small house to reduce heating and cooling cost.

Recycle when you can. 

Educate your friends and neighbors.

I think that's the best you can do.  I do most of the above.

awesome
right on brother...

i like to add one more to that list

9.   travel less vacation outta state/country, limit to maybe once a year.  flying, jet fuel, hotel, services, etc...
all those are really bad for the environment

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Also like add: less faking sick to drive to a fishing spot and over fished then make the big freezers in the garage do all the work afterwards...s toring it...That's a lot of unnecessary energy consumption right there.. ;D ;)

Like this post: +1

Advertisements