Advertisement

Author Topic: thinking about going back into longhaul trucking!  (Read 298 times)

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
thinking about going back into longhaul trucking!
« on: October 28, 2018, 10:29:29 PM »
it just dawn on me today.....mayb e the problem with me is, I step out of my comfort zone,because others said it's a good thing to do so....i forget, you can't always take people's advice...what works for them may not work for you...hahah

always been a lay low, low key type of person...but that's hard to do when you're the most good looking man ever to step on earth...and a humor that can make just about anyone laugh..hahaha I love people, but I'm just not a people's person..haha

i exhausted all my options...goin g back to school, couldn't hack it...working normal jobs...just feel embarassing now...yeah, it's only good to step out of your comfort zone and experiment...b ut if you know your game, stick to what works for you... 8)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +732
    • View Profile
Re: thinking about going back into longhaul trucking!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 12:39:34 AM »
Trucking is in high demand right now so you can probably negotiate for a nice salary too. I say, if you're single, no dependents, it should be a nice gig...

I know a couple of Hmong drivers, one does long haul and the other only does California and they've been at it for over a decade now and still seem to enjoy it. They enjoy "getting paid to travel and see other areas of America"....

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 10:27:52 PM »
thanks man for the encouragement. ..

need the rest of the year to think it thoroughly..ha ha think I can live on the road...sell the house, buy my own rigged and call it home...make all the calls, when i want to drive, and when I don't want to..haha

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 11:39:17 AM »
man, if I was single and don't get tire easily, I would definitely consider driving trucks for a living.

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 07:11:06 PM »
I use to get tire driving long distance too...lols...d epending on how my body feels, I can probably go 10 hours straight...but I'm the type that stops every few hours..so nobody wants to partner up with me...but most truckers prefer solo anyway..haha

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +732
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 09:35:04 PM »
If you get tire easily, get a partner like this Hmong couple and switch off when needed.. ;D O0:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLPYoLHixZI

The wife or girlfriend's turn to drive...:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q82UZqyrr2s

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 06:45:33 AM »
I use to get tire driving long distance too...lols...d epending on how my body feels, I can probably go 10 hours straight...but I'm the type that stops every few hours..so nobody wants to partner up with me...but most truckers prefer solo anyway..haha
man, even I get tire driving to work.  and that's only a 30 minute ride, one way.  unless, I go somewhere where it's interesting, haven't been before, or traveling with the old lady.

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 11:13:52 PM »
doing it for the solitude...the honesty of being one's self, and honor for one's true colors....I had always been an outcast, and will always be....Sorry buddies, but I'm just not a really friendly person...nothi ng personal...jus t the nature of a true outcast...haha

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 11:18:22 PM »
doing it for the solitude...the honesty of being one's self, and honor for one's true colors....I had always been an outcast, and will always be....Sorry buddies, but I'm just not a really friendly person...nothi ng personal...jus t the nature of a true outcast...haha

just speaking nonsence guys...I daydream aloud sometimes..lol s

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 10:26:58 PM »
just got done with my refresher courses folks...i'll be on the road after this year's end...I really don't know why I didn't stick it out the first time...i suppose i had cold feet and wasn't quite ready to give up on women...well it's more like love..but I don't need it anymore..lols

Advertisements