Advertisement

Author Topic: talking about new year  (Read 971 times)

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
talking about new year
« on: November 13, 2018, 06:39:13 AM »
have you notice more and more clan are doing their own new year?  example: vang's, moua's, lee's, so on and so fourth.  I remember growing up in the late 80's to early 90's, I don't recall any.  but what do I know, I was just a young kid at heart.  but sucks to be single and attending such event......... .most of them have the same last name as you.  unless, you into taboo.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: talking about new year
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 11:09:29 AM »
The one I'm invited to are usually summer time and during graduation.  It is when families can showcase their kids and what they graduating that year.  Pretty cool tradition to keep the fire in education alive. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 11:34:59 AM »
Base on my memories, this was actually the trend back in the days.  The Hmong community was small and everyone knew each other and when a clan host their New Year all the other clans would come and join.  This was starting to fade a bit when the big Hmong New Year step in and make it big for everyone like Lao Family.  Instead of hosting your own New Year, everyone would just go and support the big one and hang out.  Fast forward, Now that the big Hmong New Year are corrupted, some clans are coming back to the smaller, family oriented, less corrupted, etc clan New Year.  This is why you are starting to see some of them coming up nowadays. 

Sad that when things get too big, it overflow.  Same principals applies to most things in life.  Like poor people who think that if they get rich, they would be righteous, RIGHT.......lo l.  Look at the Hmong Culture New Year in Fresno as an example. 

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 03:07:44 PM »
have you notice more and more clan are doing their own new year?  example: vang's, moua's, lee's, so on and so fourth.  I remember growing up in the late 80's to early 90's, I don't recall any.  but what do I know, I was just a young kid at heart.  but sucks to be single and attending such event......... .most of them have the same last name as you.  unless, you into taboo.
  It's not a new year but rather a "NOJ tshiab"... or Pre-New Year celebration.  Don't get the two confuse..

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 04:19:21 PM »
I'm watching my two favorite couple on youtube O0 ;D
https://youtu.be/7s0GdPXiCK4

Advertisements