Advertisement

Author Topic: ladies, who live in the midwest, say you dated a guy from Cali and...  (Read 1706 times)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
One day, you happen to go to Cali and got to visit his house.  Like if he took you home to marry, or meet his parents, but you discovered that his house was ultra filty. The house itself looks like it's about to fall apart.  Cracks in the walls. mold and smelly air. He had lots of dirty little siblings wearing nothing but rags, roaches all over the dark living room.  Roaches crawling over the bag of rice. Kitchen floors haven't been mopped in years, toilet seat so yellow and crusty. 20 year old couch, with springs sticking out, worn out cushions. People sitting in folding chairs because there's only one couch.

Would you still be willing to marry him or get the hell out?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
Re: ladies, who live in the midwest, say you dated a guy from Cali and...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 02:01:59 PM »
woman should not judge him, if he owns the house...cause houses in Cali are expensive.  take the opportunity to become the woman of the house, clean/decorate and get it in order.

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 03:18:50 PM »
 :laughing4: :laughing4: right on bro! good point.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 01:26:37 AM »
I'm pretty sure this is a biography. I could swear that Aoz was from the midwest.

Anyway, again, there goes that silly romantic notion about life!

You people just think that you can waltz into someone's home and start cleaning. You think all slobs will appreciate your DIY touches to their personal belongings.

Think again. Doing so might make you seem like a snob to them. The fact that you start cleaning up and redoing the house might hint that you find them filthy.

I've heard too many stories from mils who are tu siab because their nyabs find their way of keeping house disorderly to the point that it's created a lot of tension.

There's a reason slobs have filthy homes. It's because they like it that way!

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 04:36:38 AM »
One day, you happen to go to Cali and got to visit his house.  Like if he took you home to marry, or meet his parents, but you discovered that his house was ultra filty. The house itself looks like it's about to fall apart.  Cracks in the walls. mold and smelly air. He had lots of dirty little siblings wearing nothing but rags, roaches all over the dark living room.  Roaches crawling over the bag of rice. Kitchen floors haven't been mopped in years, toilet seat so yellow and crusty. 20 year old couch, with springs sticking out, worn out cushions. People sitting in folding chairs because there's only one couch.

Would you still be willing to marry him or get the hell out?

I'm pretty sure this is a biography. I could swear that Aoz was from the midwest.

Anyway, again, there goes that silly romantic notion about life!

You people just think that you can waltz into someone's home and start cleaning. You think all slobs will appreciate your DIY touches to their personal belongings.

Think again. Doing so might make you seem like a snob to them. The fact that you start cleaning up and redoing the house might hint that you find them filthy.

I've heard too many stories from mils who are tu siab because their nyabs find their way of keeping house disorderly to the point that it's created a lot of tension.

There's a reason slobs have filthy homes. It's because they like it that way!

LOVE IT!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 11:20:26 AM »
 :happy1: :happy1: :glasses9:

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 11:37:57 AM »
Get the hell out.  Those are red flags!!!  There's no excuse for living in that kind of condition.  Poverty did not create that living condition... A poor person can keep a house clean, appreciate whatever you have.  A rich person can live like a "pig" etc..  It's the behavior that contributes to the condition.

Sooner or later both of your views will clash..... get the hell out!

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 02:18:53 AM »

Well, a person like you who is a BULLY with an IN YOUR FACE and NEGATIVE attitude wouldn't know how to handle any situation. Of course if you waltz into someone's home and start cleaning they'll think you're a SNOB. I've been in that situation before with an ex whose mother can't keep the house clean because she's too old and the siblings are just too selfish and lazy. So this is how I handle the situation:

1) Went over one day and was rinsing rice for her, noticed there's maggots everywhere in the bowl of rice. I mentioned it to her and she said she's too old and didn't see the maggot. I asked her if I can throw out the rice and I'll go buy her a new bag of rice.   

2) Bathroom was disgusting! I cleaned it for her, just told her there's mold in the bathroom and I'm going to clean it for her because I don't want her getting sick.

3) Cockroach everywhere! Went out to buy  Combat Max for her, told her an old classmate had a cockroach crawled into her ear, it was serious she ended up in the hospital. 

So again, no need to WALTZ into someone's house and act like a SNOB. She was appreciated that I care about her. 

Again, totally different situation. You're comparing an elderly mother who was being neglected by her children to people who may prefer to keep their house unkempt.

You're the last to preach about diplomacy. After all, you're the one about to marry the son of a woman who simply won't have you.

Hopefully you can charm her before the wedding. Otherwise, you and I both know that's all that will be talked about on your special day.

Have fun!

Advertisements