Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong people need a music award  (Read 2242 times)

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
Hmong people need a music award
« on: November 15, 2018, 04:04:49 PM »
and since we don't have a legitimate voting system we'll just go by youtube views and "likes".

I would definitely vote this hip hop song of the year...https://youtu.be/anHkJ-is3XA  ...it flows so well O0

I think David and Vue peter did great with this song but they should have kept it all Hmong lyrics. The english at the end didn't cut it for me :P ;D
https://youtu.be/34cSgaatgjw

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong people need a music award
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 05:16:30 PM »
fresno held one back in 2012 not sure if it did well or not

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 05:18:33 PM by azn-guy »

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 11:52:58 PM »
It will never happen.  Hmong American music is already dying as we speak with only a handful left today and some of them can't even sing in Hmong anymore.  There is no tracking system for sales, air play, radio station to support it, etc. it would be impossible to award people when there is no way to officially prove it.  I smell law suit, lol.  Funny, Yasmi claim she sold 10k copies of her album awhile back. If you know anything about selling CDs, that means she would have sold half a semi truck and palettes after palettes of her CDs.  Like about two years ago this Hmong women (forgot her name) publish a book of successful Hmong people and host a conference inviting all these people she mention in her book.  The problem was, these are people she and herself see as successful base on her opinion, wow. 

So you see boys and girls, it will never happen with in Hmong Community alone.   

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 05:55:19 AM »
I got it.

2018 Best Hmong singer goes to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfIsuR4WSdE
please stop.  not this again.

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 02:03:53 PM »
fresno held one back in 2012 not sure if it did well or not

really ??? ...I didn't know :P

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 02:17:39 PM »
It will never happen.  Hmong American music is already dying as we speak with only a handful left today and some of them can't even sing in Hmong anymore.  There is no tracking system for sales, air play, radio station to support it, etc. it would be impossible to award people when there is no way to officially prove it.  I smell law suit, lol.  Funny, Yasmi claim she sold 10k copies of her album awhile back. If you know anything about selling CDs, that means she would have sold half a semi truck and palettes after palettes of her CDs.  Like about two years ago this Hmong women (forgot her name) publish a book of successful Hmong people and host a conference inviting all these people she mention in her book.  The problem was, these are people she and herself see as successful base on her opinion, wow. 

So you see boys and girls, it will never happen with in Hmong Community alone.

Yasmi would definitely win if our system was as political/fraud as Hollywood :P >:(   

It will work if we go global. Reaching out to our people across the world. Tally up the videos/songs with the most views and likes and present a ballot to the people. Everyone vote for their favorite through texts and call-ins O0 ;D

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 03:16:01 PM »
And I would vote FBI best vocalist of the year. Personally I think he sounds great with is accent(No homo intended).
https://youtu.be/0KkDPskfyTk

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 03:34:08 PM »
I heard someone paid or invited her to sing at some party in Midwest. Lol

I saw some videos :P :'( ...somethings should be left on youtube for entertainment purposes :P

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 03:49:28 PM »
and who knew that a gangster would have such a soft side ;D  I would nominate this my collaboration of the year. The hard gangster style of the 90s and the soft side of the girl completes me. Only 90s teens would know :D :-*
https://youtu.be/cprDiBF3NDc

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 04:02:29 PM »
But first. Can we teach Hmong how to applaud and scream before and after the performance and not throughout the performance?

Yep, really make those Hmong live music videos hard to watch... ;D

Lee Vue

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 01:36:11 PM »
Here's what I think. I think in order to get up there with some of the bigger artists in general, we should also market the music outside of the Hmong community. You should definitely make music for your community first obviously, but if you want people outside of the Hmong community to support and hear you, you've gotta really market yourself out there. Fans should help spread the music and artist to their non-Hmong friends too. That's one of the huge factors of getting out there. Perhaps we should make music that's trending atm. Pop culture if you will. Like edm, modern R&B, pop, ect. That matters a lot and that's what worked with Kpop. And it is BIG internationall y now. Maybe we should take minor notes but also do our own thing that's still us.
Idk. Just a thought of mine.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 01:56:34 PM »
Get singing lessons, one such that a non Hmong can listen to it and can win them a spot on the voice cuz we can tell that you had some form of singing education. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

vangsean

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 04:41:39 PM »
If we're talking about official Hmong music award, I just don't see it happening anytime soon unfortunately. There's also not enough fanbase for our Hmong artists compared to American music awards or even Kpop music awards. On top of that, there's not much big Hmong artists too. Maybe we'll get our Hmong music award one day, like later later if we ever get to that point, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. 

Like this post: +1

Advertisements