Advertisement

Author Topic: check out this millionaire who is on foodstamp  (Read 2780 times)

Online hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
check out this millionaire who is on foodstamp
« on: November 16, 2018, 02:10:10 PM »
one of our PH member keep thinking rich folks don't/can't received welfare
sooo laughable

https://www.twincities.com/2018/04/11/minnesota-millionaire-tells-lawmakers-he-got-food-stamps-to-make-a-point/

Millionaire Rob Undersander sat at a Minnesota House witness stand saying he received food stamps for 19 months to prove a point: Not everyone who gets the aid needs it.
Democratic legislators did not like his Wednesday testimony, particularly Rep. John Considine, DFL-Mankato.
“You knew this was wrong and you did it anyway,” Considine said while staring at Undersander. “I find it pretty despicable. … I am just sorry there is no way we can prosecute you.”

Like this post: 0
God did not created man...man created god

Adverstisement

Online hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
Re: check out this millionaire who is on foodstamp
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 02:11:20 PM »
damn look at all these welfare queen
someone need to start a fraud investgation  O0 O0 O0 O0

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy/amazons-nyc-headquarters-in-opportunity-zone-eligible-for-gop-tax-breaks

Much of the New York City neighborhood selected by Amazon for one of its new headquarters is in a federal “opportunity zone,” a designation created by President Donald Trump’s tax overhaul that offers developers potentially millions of dollars in capital gains tax breaks to invest in high-poverty, low-income areas.

Online hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 02:11:26 PM »
/s

Online hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 02:18:18 PM »
little unfair but conor mcgregor was on foodstamp

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/mma--irishman-conor-mcgregor-has-gone-from-food-stamps-to-dana-white-s-stamp-of-approval-172615884.html

The entire McGregor story is awesome. He's a guy who literally needed food stamps to eat until April 6, when he made his UFC debut on a Fuel card in Sweden and earned a $60,000 Knockout of the Night bonus.

His was one of the most memorable UFC debuts ever. He stormed Marcus Brimage at the bell and needed just 67 seconds to finish the fight. In addition to his bonus, he earned the attention and, more significantly, the admiration of UFC president Dana White.

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 02:27:17 PM »
This guy would have to lie on his application and therefore would have to face penalty for lying and also would have to pay those money back. 

I believe the application ask for assets and any fraud would resort to prison time, fines and reimbursement back to SNAP. 

This looks like a rigged script by the government to change the system, fake news IMO.  I know a person who work for SNAP and will pass this info to her about the application process and penalty if found to be fraud.

Online hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 02:58:31 PM »
This guy would have to lie on his application and therefore would have to face penalty for lying and also would have to pay those money back. 

I believe the application ask for assets and any fraud would resort to prison time, fines and reimbursement back to SNAP. 

This looks like a rigged script by the government to change the system, fake news IMO.  I know a person who work for SNAP and will pass this info to her about the application process and penalty if found to be fraud.

no he didn't lie
his income was too low

if we are just counting asset than
your house and car should be counted
jewerl, collectible
etc...

because they are all asset
you are asking people to sell all those stuff
 LMAO

again, im not a case worker so i don't know
so it varied

here in wisconsin, you got to work 20 hours/week now hahaha
maybe your state is different
if i get laid off, that the first thing i will applied for
sure why not

https://www.fox21online.com/2018/04/12/dayton-blasts-millionaire-says-took-food-stamps/

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) – Gov. Mark Dayton has criticized a self-described millionaire who says he legally qualified for food stamps and took them to prove the system is vulnerable to abuse.

Rob Undersander of Waite Park told a legislative committee Wednesday that he and his wife collected about $6,000 in benefits they didn’t need over 19 months, and then gave the equivalent to charity.

Minnesota doesn’t use a person’s assets to determine food-stamp eligibility.

He said they qualified because his retirement income was low.

He was testifying for a bill to require that assets be counted.

The governor on Thursday joined other Democrats in condemning Undersander’s actions.

Dayton said, “If I were him I would have been ashamed to show up and disclose what I’d done.”

He said public policy shouldn’t be made on anecdotes.

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 03:22:47 PM »
they're worth millions...but their accounts says otherwise. Reality hurts :2funny: :P

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 05:19:15 PM »
sooo laughable

https://www.twincities.com/2018/04/11/minnesota-millionaire-tells-lawmakers-he-got-food-stamps-to-make-a-point/

Millionaire Rob Undersander sat at a Minnesota House witness stand saying he received food stamps for 19 months to prove a point: Not everyone who gets the aid needs it.
Democratic legislators did not like his Wednesday testimony, particularly Rep. John Considine, DFL-Mankato.
“You knew this was wrong and you did it anyway,” Considine said while staring at Undersander. “I find it pretty despicable. … I am just sorry there is no way we can prosecute you.”

I've never claimed "rich folks don't received welfare" because there are plenty of frauds out there like you..Frauds like you have no shame stealing from the poor's public resources due to greed even when you don't need it. And you just posted an article about another fraud doing what you've been doing ..."sooo laughable...  ;D ;D ;D

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 05:22:01 PM »
sooo laughable

Oh Damn!  You telling me I could have been on foodstamp for the 2 years I didn't work?  LOL!!!  Moving back to MN for SURE!    :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 05:44:55 PM »
Oh Damn!  You telling me I could have been on foodstamp for the 2 years I didn't work?  LOL!!!  Moving back to MN for SURE!    :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

;D ;D ;D

Sadly frauds have no shame ....

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 01:36:31 PM »
In the article theking posted regarding the Mahvi case where this millionaire White man fail to disclosed his asset/wealth result in him being charged with fraud for receiving SNAP and other government benefit is cleared that fraud is fraud.  This dude who test the system should also be charge for not disclosing his asset.  Why this guy is not charged would raised some red flags about the detail and case itself IMO.  Like I said this was rigged to change the policy, fake news IMO.   

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2018, 07:16:52 PM »
;D ;D ;D

Sadly frauds have no shame ....

It's income base per the article.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2018, 09:32:58 PM »
In the article theking posted regarding the Mahvi case where this millionaire White man fail to disclosed his asset/wealth result in him being charged with fraud for receiving SNAP and other government benefit is cleared that fraud is fraud.  This dude who test the system should also be charge for not disclosing his asset.  Why this guy is not charged would raised some red flags about the detail and case itself IMO.  Like I said this was rigged to change the policy, fake news IMO.

Because listing his assets is not required for that state. His claim is that he did it to show that listing someone's asset should be a requirement.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 12:38:54 AM »
It's income base per the article.

When I say, 'frauds have no shame'...I'm referring to those don't need the resource but still have no shame taking it due to greed. Out of curiosity, I read a bit on the current regs and policies just to see what's new and there are changes from the days when I was in that field and many jurisdictions follow what they called, the "broad-based categorical eligibility" now meaning they take the income information down but no asset inquiries for some applicants. With that said, some "asset" inquiries are still needed for certain applicants. Therefore, those applicants still need to be under certain asset limits in order to be eligible for SNAP and that depends on various factors like who's in the household, what are their living/health conditions, etc. Also found this little tidbit about the changes...

"...in an effort to encourage increased access to SNAP benefits, the USDA under the current administration, has also discouraged the use of asset tests as a benchmark to determine recipient eligibility. An asset test tallies a potential recipient’s countable resources, such as bank accounts, in determining his or her need for assistance. With the relaxation or elimination of asset tests for many states, there is more room for manipulation and exploitation of the program..."

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2018, 12:44:43 AM »
Here's another example of frauds have no shame  ;D:

Rachel Dolezal, also known as Nkechi Diallo, booked and released on welfare fraud, other charges

Former Spokane NAACP President Nkechi Diallo -- who became infamous as Rachel Dolezal, a white woman identifying as black -- was booked and fingerprinted at a Washington state jail Monday as she awaits trial on multiple charges, including welfare fraud.

Diallo pleaded not guilty to state charges of first-degree theft by welfare fraud, making false verification and second-degree perjury last month. A judge ordered her freed on her own recognizance and gave her a deadline of Monday evening to report to the Spokane County jail for booking and fingerprinting .

Diallo, who changed her name from Rachel Dolezal in October 2016, is accused of receiving more than $8,800 in food and childcare assistance illegally between August 2015 and November 2017.

The welfare fraud case started in March 2017 after a state investigator received information that Diallo had written a book --her autobiography, "In Full Color." The investigator reviewed Diallo's records and found that she had been reporting her income as usually less than $500 per month, court documents said.

However, a subpoena of her bank statements and other records showed Diallo had deposited nearly $84,000 into her account from 2015-17, without reporting most of it to the state Department of Social and Health Services.

Advertisements