Advertisement

Author Topic: Summerberry, tell your hubby about this place, it's my new favorite  (Read 1095 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..place to get some Peking duck...I like how fresh it is (tasty, moist with crispy skin) ...You must reserve ahead of time so they can roast a fresh duck...Cost more than the ones I've been to in SF but there's plenty of parking and less traffic at the Beijing Duck House in Cupertino.. The restaurant is pretty clean too..O0

Arrived:

Menu:

Time to eat:

As I've stated, clean place including the restrooms with several private rooms for large parties  O0:

The damage:

IF YOU GO, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND SHARE SOME PHOTOS (if possible)... 8)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 03:23:51 PM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Summerberry, tell your hubby about this place, it's my new favorite
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 03:38:20 PM »
I'm not really a big fan of duck and don't eat em'....but my hubby is. We come to the area once in awhile, maybe next time I'll let him know about this place.

Cool, let me know how he like it because opinions can vary when it comes to subjective things like taste... 8)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 03:59:31 PM »
Many do typical roast but fewer do Peking duck...probabl y explains why the Peking version cost a bit more...I like typical roast duck too...Here are some photos I took of the spots I normally get regular roast duck from.... Yung Kee in Oakland,

New China in San Jose,

And in SF, there are several so here are couple of pix I took of it (I think it's Yee's  ???):

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 06:07:44 PM »
Thanks! I will let my husband know.

He tell me he hate the smell of roast duck. I really don’t know the difference between the roast or Peking duck. I only know how to eat.

Like this post: +1

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 11:49:02 PM »
Thanks! I will let my husband know.

He tell me he hate the smell of roast duck. I really don’t know the difference between the roast or Peking duck. I only know how to eat.

You're welcome. To be honest, I like both versions ..just depends on my taste bud at the moment...

The differences between roast and Peking duck are:

Roast duck just go through the regular roasting process. Beijing duck has a deeper and more tedious process from the selecting the ducks, how it is prepared and cook and even how it is sliced and eaten. Blow torch is used to puff the skin on Peking duck to get that caramelized crispy texture.

Also found is on the net:

"1. different breeds

2. different sauces/spices (or lack thereof) put inside the duck

3. different sugar-based solutions that cause the skin to turn brown (caramelize)

4. different ways of serving

Skin of the duck is so easy to carve/detach because someone has to blow/inject air under the skin from the neck opening before BBQ"

Advertisements