Advertisement

Author Topic: The Sentinelese  (Read 2915 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
The Sentinelese
« on: November 29, 2018, 10:14:04 PM »
In no way am I saying that they don't have a right to defend their island. What I am saying is that they are a good representation of how ancient tribal people must've been.

The world was not a friendly place. The people were not friendly. ----> This is what liberals are defending.

They are delusional if they think it was peaceful.

Funny thing is they want to protect this way of life for tribal people but they simply cannot let Conservatives be conservative.

We, too, just want to be left alone like the Sentinelese. Stop invading our spaces, our schools, our businesses, our minds, our beliefs, our values, and so on with your perverted worldview.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Re: The Sentinelese
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 10:21:23 PM »
Read their history
They try to be friendly
Got kidnap by explorers

These people used to be friendly
Until the white man starts fawk them

Just like the native Americans and them corns

God did not created man...man created god

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 11:09:31 PM »

In no way am I saying that they don't have a right to defend their island. What I am saying is that they are a good representation of how ancient tribal people must've been.

The world was not a friendly place. The people were not friendly. ----> This is what liberals are defending.

They are delusional if they think it was peaceful.

Funny thing is they want to protect this way of life for tribal people but they simply cannot let Conservatives be conservative.

We, too, just want to be left alone like the Sentinelese. Stop invading our spaces, our schools, our businesses, our minds, our beliefs, our values, and so on with your perverted worldview.

Read their history
They try to be friendly
Got kidnap by explorers

LOVE IT!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 11:10:34 PM »

Says the FRAUD that claimed, "I never cuss".... ;D ;D :idiot2:

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 11:19:29 PM »
Read their history
They try to be friendly
Got kidnap by explorers

Did I not say that I support their right to defend themselves? That's not even the point, idiot. I'm saying that decades of isolation leave these people simply savage. They haven't flourished at all. And don't give me that "well maybe they prefer it that way" - crap. What else would they prefer if they don't have options? They aren't Amish people who are surrounded by all sorts of communities but choose to live an austere life.

Either way, it just shows how savage people were.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 11:31:55 PM »
Btw, you being a Wisconsinite and complaining about white people is the most hilarious thing.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 09:52:49 AM »
People are savage when there's no trust.  The first step to building trust is respecting the cultures/values of the people you're encountering. 

That missionary he didn't do that.  I understand he wanted to share the gospel but he was "rushing" almost like "forcing" down on them. 

Sometimes the best way to share the gospel is not what we say but what we do, how we act, our actions, our words etc..  Perhaps he should have just done that... like the previous person who contacted the Sentinelese..w ho brought gifts..   Do good deeds... slowly bring them gifts...gifts they need.  Ex:  it looks like they wear loin cloths  which means they use fabric..  why not bring gifts of fabric.....  or maybe they have a leather strap...why not bring leather..somet hing they're familiar use it on a daily basis...  Perhaps over time, the relationship deepen and he can share he's able to love others because God first love him... simple message...

As a Christian, we think we have the power to convert people but we don't.  Only God can change a person's heart.  Also, what we say means little but our actions, words, behaviors means more.  Something to think about. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline mind-teaser

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 10:13:31 AM »
Did I not say that I support their right to defend themselves? That's not even the point, idiot. I'm saying that decades of isolation leave these people simply savage. They haven't flourished at all. And don't give me that "well maybe they prefer it that way" - crap. What else would they prefer if they don't have options? They aren't Amish people who are surrounded by all sorts of communities but choose to live an austere life.

Either way, it just shows how savage people were.

The word "savage" doesn't sits well with me.  Why is that those who "THINK" they had developed something beyond a bow and arrow gets to label those who simply just prefer a simpler life?  Those who can KILL with MWD are consider "ADVANCED/CIVILIZED" and whereas those who kill bows and arrows are "SAVAGES"?  It's amazes me how human had evolved backward.  Sib ntsib dua nawb.

Offline mind-teaser

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 10:19:35 AM »
People are savage when there's no trust.  The first step to building trust is respecting the cultures/values of the people you're encountering. 

Good point!

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 10:57:17 AM »
How can there be trust when arrows are flying at you before your feet even get wet?  Are you suppose to set off white smoke from your boat 200, 300 yards away meaning, you come in peace.  yeah, right.  Point is, those people don't want anything to do with you, I, or anybody else.  Leave them be.  going there and you're asking for it.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 11:16:41 AM »
How can there be trust when arrows are flying at you before your feet even get wet?  Are you suppose to set off white smoke from your boat 200, 300 yards away meaning, you come in peace.  yeah, right.  Point is, those people don't want anything to do with you, I, or anybody else.  Leave them be.  going there and you're asking for it.
It's a risk but if a person is very persistent.... need to build trust.  People have different ways how to do that.  Maybe "drone" in supplies ;D ;D ;D Or " "float" in supplies... and trust takes time... you move "inch by inch".. ..and This Missionary, he doesn't even have to preach.. He can just do his normal thing like praying, reading the bible... and later on if people are curious, he can explains and if not, let it be. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 11:22:51 AM »
It's a risk but if a person is very persistent.... need to build trust.  People have different ways how to do that.  Maybe "drone" in supplies ;D ;D ;D Or " "float" in supplies... and trust takes time... you move "inch by inch".. ..and This Missionary, he doesn't even have to preach.. He can just do his normal thing like praying, reading the bible... and later on if people are curious, he can explains and if not, let it be.
I first read about them about two years ago.  And from that, I conclude it's best to stay away.  They're not hurting me.  And that's all I have to say about that.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2018, 11:26:05 AM »
I do believe that some group make it a "choice" to stay hidden and that means they don't want to be bothered.  They know or is aware of the "outside" world.

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2018, 11:29:35 AM »
I do believe that some group make it a "choice" to stay hidden and that means they don't want to be bothered.  They know or is aware of the "outside" world.
but how do they know?  for example, does the sentinelese have TV's with fox or cnn news, high speed internet....WA IT!!!  You're not one of them are you??

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2018, 12:00:14 PM »
but how do they know?  for example, does the sentinelese have TV's with fox or cnn news, high speed internet....WA IT!!!  You're not one of them are you??
When I say they know or is aware of the "outside" world, I mean they know there are "others" different from them.  In the case of the Sentinelese, I'm sure they've seen boats, ship passing through which indicate life has evolve from their small canoe to something bigger which means the outside world will be very different from their own.. They've seen strange looking men w/ various skin color(s) passing through.. Just because they live on the Island doesn't mean they don't see anything.  They silently witness strange things/objects/people passing through the Island.  They are the silent observer and they can tell it's different from their cultures, life, etc...

Oh yes, I'm not one of them but using common sense...

Advertisements