Advertisement

Author Topic: The Sentinelese  (Read 2914 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: The Sentinelese
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 08:24:18 AM »
I can solve this problem with one move. 

Since there are only a few of them, kill them all so others can not get hurt. 

Now who's the barbaric Savage here?

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

Offline Vandal Savage

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +232
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 08:38:41 AM »
Did I not say that I support their right to defend themselves? That's not even the point, idiot. I'm saying that decades of isolation leave these people simply savage. They haven't flourished at all. And don't give me that "well maybe they prefer it that way" - crap. What else would they prefer if they don't have options? They aren't Amish people who are surrounded by all sorts of communities but choose to live an austere life.

Either way, it just shows how savage people were.

Increasing savagery is a reactive behavior modification through repeated negative shaping; these damn outsiders trying to impose their will and ways upon natives. 

I agree, why can't people just leave each other alone?   

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2018, 01:48:27 AM »
People are savage when there's no trust.  The first step to building trust is respecting the cultures/values of the people you're encountering. 

That missionary he didn't do that.  I understand he wanted to share the gospel but he was "rushing" almost like "forcing" down on them. 

Sometimes the best way to share the gospel is not what we say but what we do, how we act, our actions, our words etc..  Perhaps he should have just done that... like the previous person who contacted the Sentinelese..w ho brought gifts..   Do good deeds... slowly bring them gifts...gifts they need.  Ex:  it looks like they wear loin cloths  which means they use fabric..  why not bring gifts of fabric.....  or maybe they have a leather strap...why not bring leather..somet hing they're familiar use it on a daily basis...  Perhaps over time, the relationship deepen and he can share he's able to love others because God first love him... simple message...

As a Christian, we think we have the power to convert people but we don't.  Only God can change a person's heart.  Also, what we say means little but our actions, words, behaviors means more.  Something to think about.

If people have to approach someone in a specific way without being killed then guess what? That someone is "savage".

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2018, 01:51:15 AM »

The word "savage" doesn't sits well with me.  Why is that those who "THINK" they had developed something beyond a bow and arrow gets to label those who simply just prefer a simpler life?  Those who can KILL with MWD are consider "ADVANCED/CIVILIZED" and whereas those who kill bows and arrows are "SAVAGES"?  It's amazes me how human had evolved backward.  Sib ntsib dua nawb.

You can feel whatever you want but that is the appropriate word to use according to the definition in Merriam-Webster.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2018, 01:52:59 AM »
Increasing savagery is a reactive behavior modification through repeated negative shaping; these damn outsiders trying to impose their will and ways upon natives. 

I agree, why can't people just leave each other alone?

But they weren't just savage in how they responded to the foreigner. I'm talking about the way they live.

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +363
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2018, 02:31:09 AM »
Read their history
They try to be friendly
Got kidnap by explorers

These people used to be friendly
Until the white man starts fawk them

Just like the native Americans and them corns

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Advertisements