Advertisement

Author Topic: Good to see parents stil love their kids enough to teach them to take ownership  (Read 3539 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...of their wrongs and learn from it O0:

Dad forces 10 y.o daughter to walk 5 miles to school in near freezing temps after she was suspended for bullying

"I know a lot of you parents are not going to agree with this and that's all right. I am doing what I think is right to teach my daughter a lesson to stop her from bullying."

"Parents need to hold their kids accountable. So that was me showing how I hold my kid accountable. I'm not going to be another parent that's just going to brush things under the rug and say, 'Kids will be kids.'"

"I just want the kids to know that words truly do hurt. They cut very deep and have lasting effects. I hope that parents hold their kids accountable"...

Update on the original post, starting with "lesson learned."

"Still has all her extremities intact is happy and healthy and seems to have a new outlook on bullying as well as a new appreciation for some of the simple things in life she used to take for granted," he wrote

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
this father did what he thought was right.  not my kid, not my problem.  but me, I know my kids would listen if I just said it.  "Kids, don't be a bully at school or anywhere.  Be nice to other people.  OR ELSE."  So, I feel that making the kid walk wasn't necessary.  That's just me though.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
That's too harsh on a ten year old. I oppose to that type of punishment.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
That's too harsh on a ten year old. I oppose to that type of punishment.
shoot, even 5 mile is though on me.  give the kid a bike or something. :2funny:

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Right?  ;D

Father of the year right there lol

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
You guys are pretty soft..You must not have immigrant parents like me or the way many parents disciplined their kids back in Laos...walking 5 miles doesn't compare to those methods...in terms of "harsh"...IMO... ;D

« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 05:06:16 PM by theking »

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Don't remind me about growing up hard in Laos, I've seen and been through it all man  ;D

Theravada

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
all my Father had to do was give me the "stare".

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
and what if the kid gets frost bite or slip and falls then freezes to death? Will you still think it's good to see? or do what you always do and change the story to call the father primitive instead of good to see?

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
and what if the kid gets frost bite or slip and falls then freezes to death? Will you still think it's good to see? or do what you always do and change the story to call the father primitive instead of good to see?

See how much you still foam at the mouth and ignorant you are??  ???

Don't even know the "factual" details but ignorantly assume as usual... No wonder you don't have the ability to take ownership of your wrongs and continue to repeat the ignorant cycle.... :idiot2: ;D

« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 05:08:04 PM by theking »

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
And your sky is still gray..

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
My "sky" can be blue or "gray" depending on the whether and/or other environmental factors...FACT!!! O0

Offline mind-teaser

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
In this country...pare nts are NOT allow to raise their children with good manner and respect. When a child MISBEHAVED and the parents try to use a little physical punishment.... it's AGAINST the laws.  Cops would be called....Soci al workers would come and get the kids, etc. etc.   So when the kids grow up and become disrespectful, commit criminal activities, what have you....NOW get this, the parents get to blame for the kid's bad behavior....it's all the parents fault for raising a spoiled, bad attitude kid...blah blah.......

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Let's not forget, no one teaches anyone how to be good parents, that's why you get people like theKing who thinks its a great idea to make your kid walk 5 miles in freezing temperature.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Let's not forget, no one teaches anyone how to be good parents, that's why you get people like theKing who thinks its a great idea to make your kid walk 5 miles in freezing temperature.

Nice job using the method you stole from one of your fellow narrow minded ignorant member (Believe_N_Me) of your clique again..(making things up)...when your ignorance gets beaten by FACTS again...

It's common sense but don't expect YAK to comprehend common sense...I mean he can't even take ownership of his own problems instead he continues to foam and repeat...

FACTS beat ignorance! O0

Advertisements