Advertisement

Author Topic: I see frauds that go underground then see this, it gives me faith in humanity  (Read 1001 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
... O0:

Homeless Man Finds $17,000, Gives It To Food Bank

A homeless man in Washington state is being praised for his generosity and honesty after turning in thousands of dollars found in a bag outside a food bank.

Staff at the Sumner Community Food Bank say Kevin Booth is homeless and has been coming to the center for the last five years.

One day recently, he found a bag with $17,000 inside on the food bank’s front doorstep. But instead of keeping it, he handed it over.

“He leaned over, picked it up, looked in it and he knew it was money,” Anita Miller, executive director of the food bank, told KCPQ. “He waited for our person who comes in at 7:30 in the morning. He waited for her, gave it to her and said, ‘Somebody left this for you."

Police held the money for 90 days and since no one came to claim it, the food bank was allowed to keep it.

Booth was presented with a Police Chief’s Citizen Citation from the Sumner Police Department last week and gift cards to his favorite store, Fred Meyer.

Miller says that all the money will be used to expand the building so that they can provide more services to the homeless and to families in need.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
damn!!  i'll be honest.  I would of kept it.  finders, keepers.

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
that's one dumb homeless man!  :idiot2: >:D

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Not I, when I worked for the Post Office as a Collection Driver, found several valuables including money and just turned it in because it's the right thing to do but then again I wasn't "homeless" and/or really needed help like the guy in the article.... ???

« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 04:50:48 PM by theking »

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
that's one dumb homeless man!  :idiot2: >:D

I second that :D :2funny: O0

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
He probably got spooked cuz he saw the camera pointing at him. 

;D

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
So the money is actually free money cuz it does not belong to the food bank. 

I can see if he gives it back to their rightful owner but this case here is bizarre.  Perhaps why homeless people are homeless cuz they are not too bright.

Should of taken that money and come up in life with it.  Get an address, get yourself cleaned up and find a job to make more money.  And if his conscious still bugging, earn that money off his wages and give it back.  Considering it as a loan. 

Perhaps that money is from someone who wants to donate to a charity that once helped him to get on his feet but he wants to be anonymous. 

I once saw a bum sitting in a corner of the building, a dirty fella and he was counting his rolls.  I saw a bunch of $20 in them rolls. 

If we sell what we have and go on a $5 a day diet, we'll have $1 million dollars in our pocket. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements