Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Match Making  (Read 5149 times)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong Match Making
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 12:53:21 PM »
The saying, "Is there anyone who can actually do match making?"

or just claims...

There is something like, I know someone who's single...but is that really match making?

time for internet... :D

Like this post: 0
The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Adverstisement

Offline autumnbreeze

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +51
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 10:11:29 PM »
Interesting stories..thank you for sharing. 

I think now a day we need hmong match making more than ever before.  If we don't, we're going to find many of the hmong singles dating out of race.  Why?  They are so busy w/ careers, education, and they hide themselves pretty well from one another to the point if we're not helping, they won't find one another.

I completely agree. Now that we live in world that's blended in, it's harder to see people, especially our own kind for those that still want to stay within the race if possible. you don't see your own people anymore unless at family or social gatherings. as i grew older, i realized how much i needed hmong match making. lol. sometimes i wish i have old ladies that can refer me to someone nice or can refer someone nice to me. because i'm one of those quiet women who doesn't go out or socialize much, so without the elder's help, i might just be a single old maid forever.  :'( I also know a few people around my age that need help in finding a partner too. so i completely agree with you that now a days we need hmong match making more than ever.

Peachy Fish

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 09:04:31 PM »
I'm still waiting for your kids to hit 21.....

Not for me you silly.  My kids dating your kids and we become one big happy family. 

People that knows me don't hook me up.  It is like giving me a free stripper, how easy can it be?

If we're ever fortunate to have a child, yours can court ours.   ;D

MSV

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2019, 08:38:00 PM »
Tried it twice when I was younger. Both were distant family's relative's sons. My first experience went well. We made it pass our first year before he started talking to another girl and did the disappearing act on me. The second one...we talked for maybe 4-5 months and didn't connect much. Later found out he already had a gf but his parents wanted him to talk to one of my mom's daughters instead.

If I were to agree to a match making today, would need to interview the guy first.  O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2019, 12:39:15 AM »
Tried it twice when I was younger. Both were distant family's relative's sons. My first experience went well. We made it pass our first year before he started talking to another girl and did the disappearing act on me. The second one...we talked for maybe 4-5 months and didn't connect much. Later found out he already had a gf but his parents wanted him to talk to one of my mom's daughters instead.

If I were to agree to a match making today, would need to interview the guy first.  O0

Yep, the "match maker" can say this or that or share his/her opinions but it still comes down to the individual when it comes to subjective things like who's "suitable" for who...Gotta love the engagement period...much better than bride-napping IMO..

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2023, 11:10:13 PM »
Interesting stories..thank you for sharing. 

I think now a day we need hmong match making more than ever before.  If we don't, we're going to find many of the hmong singles dating out of race.  Why?  They are so busy w/ careers, education, and they hide themselves pretty well from one another to the point if we're not helping, they won't find one another.

I have been thinking the same thing lately too.  A Hmong matchmaker is something that we definitely need these days.  Someone that has a good read on people, who can study all the different profiles, interview the different candidates for their wants and needs, and match people up accordingly.  Matches may not always work out, but having someone who can do a lot of the upfront work of filtering and narrowing down, will be so helpful!  I mean, Indians and Jews use matchmaker services, why not have a Hmong matchmaker too?!

Maybe I should start my Hmong Matchmaker business!!!  I will be taking time to study and interview people, so, I will definitely be charging a fee.  What do you guys think is a good fee amount to charge?

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2023, 12:54:51 AM »
I'm totally against this.  :D

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2023, 02:04:43 PM »

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2023, 03:01:54 PM »
Why?  :knuppel2:

I'll tell you why. 

You are going to get praise for such action but are you willing to handle the criticism if the deal goes sour?  I always say.  I can lead the horse to the water but the horse still needs to lick that booty.  They are on their own from here on out.  If you accept such term then lets go.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2023, 01:42:32 PM »
I'll tell you why. 

You are going to get praise for such action but are you willing to handle the criticism if the deal goes sour?  I always say.  I can lead the horse to the water but the horse still needs to lick that booty.  They are on their own from here on out.  If you accept such term then lets go.   :2funny:

Yeah, that's why the matchmaker's services should come with hold harmless and indemnify clauses, disclaimers, and stipulations.  The parties must sign and agree that the matchmaker's job is solely to match people based on paper similarities and likenesses and based on the matchmaker's best guess of the compatibility of the two people, nothing more.  Once the parties agree to the match, the matchmaker is out of the picture and out of the transaction.  The sale is complete.  No refunds or disputes.    8)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2023, 03:39:48 PM »
At this age, the men who sign up for the service are too broken and probably just looking for a rebound/distraction to get over their most recently failed relationship. Older, single men have incurred too much relationship drama and history with toxic exes. Don't be surprised if they're still in touch. These people tend to become each other's family over the course of the years. 

No thanks!

« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 03:21:50 AM by Believe_N_Me »

Advertisements