Advertisement

Author Topic: In this Asian culture, bride's side pay fo the wedding so this dad went all out  (Read 1279 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...for his daughter but then again, what's "$100 Million" to a billionaire... ???:

Real Crazy Rich Asian Wedding to Cost $100 Million

India is preparing for what could be one of the world’s most expensive weddings ever, a spectacle that could even put the fictional nuptials in "Crazy Rich Asians" to shame.

On Dec. 12, billionaire Mukesh Ambani -- is scheduled to give away his daughter Isha to billionaire Ajay Piramal’s son, Anand. The week-long extravaganza is estimated to cost about $100 million, according to people familiar with the planning. To put the figure in perspective, Prince Charles and Princess Diana’s wedding 37 years ago reportedly cost $110 million in today’s dollars.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Back in HS, the rich kids all shined.  Other kids be bragging that they lived in mansion. 

Took me till college to understand that these same spoiled kids are just as poor as I am.  Their parents are rich, not them.  I held a job and payed for my very first car but to them, spoiled rich kids get sports cars all payed for by their parents whom probably got them as tax write off. 

Until they pay with their own money, im not impressed.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

Until they pay with their own money, im not impressed.

Same here, gotta earn it...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Isn't that what western (white) culture does?

Yep, for the most part for most "white"...but it's rare to see the bride's parents pick up the heavy side of the tab in Asia, I can only think of the Indian culture that does it that way consistently for most of their weddings that at the moment...

In most parts of Asia, the groom's side pay and in some cases, it's split between the two sides.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
I'm not sure about the Viets tradition so don't quote me on it but whoever side pays for the wedding, the bride and groom goes to that side of the family to live with the inlaw.  Usually I see the guys paying cuz his parents don't mind an extra help around the house but I've seen my cousin allowing his wife side to pay and he go lives with her family in daygo.  They gained a handy man cuz the guy is the most handsome (looks half white) and the most gifted guy in the family.  He could pay but useless since get has no parents. 

I was confused to why I went to the wedding down n daygo.  Hometown advantage as 80% were from her side and 20% from mine since not all could make it to daygo. 

Or maybe it is best that way cuz she has a business down there and it would be fruitless to end the family's business just to wed and bring her up north. 

I don't know what the truth is but I grew not caring or wanting to know the truth.  Some things are just sensitive not asking like if one day, someone close to you end up marrying an odd ball, would you question them?  Naw mean?

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
I'm not sure about the Viets tradition so don't quote me on it but whoever side pays for the wedding, the bride and groom goes to that side of the family to live with the inlaw.  Usually I see the guys paying cuz his parents don't mind an extra help around the house but I've seen my cousin allowing his wife side to pay and he go lives with her family in daygo.  They gained a handy man cuz the guy is the most handsome (looks half white) and the most gifted guy in the family.  He could pay but useless since get has no parents. 

I was confused to why I went to the wedding down n daygo.  Hometown advantage as 80% were from her side and 20% from mine since not all could make it to daygo. 

Or maybe it is best that way cuz she has a business down there and it would be fruitless to end the family's business just to wed and bring her up north. 

I don't know what the truth is but I grew not caring or wanting to know the truth.  Some things are just sensitive not asking like if one day, someone close to you end up marrying an odd ball, would you question them?  Naw mean?
hook up a hmong brother to one of your rich viet chicks...I understand in your culture, the bride's side pays for the wedding...I don't mind being tila's sex slave! ha!

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline mind-teaser

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
In economic term....that 100M will help a lot of businesses.... .considering their gift to the people.  :) O0 O0

Advertisements