Advertisement

Author Topic: How Parents Show Their Love  (Read 1344 times)

Peachy Fish

How Parents Show Their Love
« on: December 19, 2018, 01:43:39 PM »
I remember at 15 yrs old, my dad called me to the garage. He was trying to teach me to change my own tires in case I get a flat and he's not around. It was too hard for me to change the tires so the next day I came home from school and saw that he bought me AAA roadside assistance.

When I was young, I didn't think to truly see how much my dad cared about my well- being. Now, I am trying to remind my 16 yr old sister and 12 yr old brother to appreciate our parents more than I did. Why do so many take their parent's love for granted?

« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 05:38:15 PM by Thundersaurus »

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
Re: How Parents Show Their Love
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 01:47:50 PM »
because, at that time/moment, we as kids, especially boys, think we know everything and is invincible.  I would know since we, have a teenager and I was once a teenager.  And although he is a good kid, I feel like in one ear, out the other.

Like this post: 0

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 02:11:36 PM »
If you really sit down and listen to your parents talk to you or hear them talk to others...

You will find out that they really are afraid for you.  As in, they are afraid of you getting hurt etc etc out there in the real world because they don't know what the world is like out there. 

But! Let me help your dad out so he can help your younger bro's and sis out.  Get him a cheater bar so that even a skinnie armed 15 year old girl like you can change her tire. 

Put a cheater bar in your car.  It makes taking the lug nuts off so much easier.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 03:21:39 PM »
This month, when it was my birthday, my mom took the time to call me to wish me a happy birthday.   I was so touched that she actually called just for that.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 03:44:46 PM »
Some of the ways my parents showed their love was by lecturing us, talking to us, encouraging us, and hugging/holding us.  The physical aspect of it occurred more when we were younger but they still somewhat do/did that to us even as adults.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 06:09:29 PM »
I remember at 15 yrs old, my dad called me to the garage. He was trying to teach me to change my own tires in case I get a flat and he's not around. It was too hard for me to change the tires so the next day I came home from school and saw that he bought me AAA roadside assistance.

When I was young, I didn't think to truly see how much my dad cared about my well- being. Now, I am trying to remind my 16 yr old sister and 12 yr old brother to appreciate our parents more than I did. Why do so many take their parent's love for granted?

Changing tires was the first thing my wife's dad taught her too in regards to auto roadside issues... O0

Sure AAA is nice and all but what if they are hours away, and she needs to get going ASAP....

Anyways, some of these 12v electric tire changing tool kit make changing tires so easy now:

« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 06:11:36 PM by theking »

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 07:00:15 PM »
I tell my kids...Yogi Bear is smarter than the Average Bear.  O0  and Daddy loves you so grow up.

All I ever got from my parents were..."you are so dumb...you are an idiot...no one will want you..., etc.,..."  Then they said, "we say those things because we love you..."

Oh you mean you love to hurt my feelings and disrespect me whenever you can in front of others.  Does tough love actually work?

You were out playing...now we're gonna beat the crap out of you...oh crap!  You're crapping for real!

Now you're gonna bleed cuz you crapped on the floor.

I can do without that kind of love.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Advertisements