Advertisement

Author Topic: Can't blame the bride if it was clearly stated  (Read 750 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Can't blame the bride if it was clearly stated
« on: December 21, 2018, 08:37:30 PM »
... ???:

Bride kicked guests out of her wedding for bringing children

Weddings are meant to be a time for celebrating a day of love with family and friends.

But one bride was so left so annoyed with a couple on her big day, that she decided to kick them out of the reception altogether.

The bride took to Reddit to explain her actions, asking: “Am I an a*****e’ for ditching the couple?”

She started by saying that her wedding invitations clearly stated there was to be no children at her ceremony or reception and she wasn’t even that close with the couple in the first place.

However, on the day, they showed up with their infant and toddler.

“At the actual wedding ceremony, I let it slide. I was preoccupied for obvious reasons,” the bride explained in the post.

I also thought that maybe they planned not to attend the reception or to have someone pick the kids up before it started.

But the couple had no such plans and when the reception rolled around, the kids were still there.

The bride asked her wedding planner to go over to the couple and ask them whether or not their children were being picked up.

“I mean, everyone was drinking and loud and rowdy and a crying child and another little one running around was not part of the plan,” she said.

Within minutes, the bride could tell that the couple were arguing with the wedding planner, so she went over to try and diffuse the situation.

Invitations for the wedding clearly stated that no children were allowed.
“I think they thought I came to rescue them because they started going on about how rude my event planner was,” she said.

“I explained that I had actually sent him over to discuss the children.

“I reiterated that the event was child-free and said that I had stated so clearly on my invitations.”

The wife told the bride that they would make sure the children didn’t misbehave, to which she replied that that “wasn’t really the point”.

Then the bride’s husband came over and things between the groom and the other husband got ‘a little heated’.

“Finally I snapped and said that they just needed to go, which, thankfully they did without much more noise.

“Still, the whole scene was incredibly embarrassing which is exactly what I wanted to avoid.

“I really hate that my wedding day had to be somewhat marred by this incident.”

People were quick to side with the bride, claiming the couple disrespected her and her husband’s wishes by bringing their kids to the event.

“Absolutely NTA (not at all) you stated it on the invitation and asked them politely first. I feel awful that a day that was meant to be the best of your life was tarnished by the event,” one person said.

“For them to argue about it was even more outrageous. You don’t have to explain or justify why you didn’t want kids at your own wedding,” another person said.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements