Advertisement

Author Topic: Photos from the Fresno Hmong New Year earlier today  (Read 3543 times)

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
Re: Photos from the Fresno Hmong New Year earlier today
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 08:21:31 PM »
The new year has become a flea market :P :'(

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 01:25:57 PM »
I don’t think any of the entrance lines was busy or packed. I went 3 days and all around 11am or 12pm and it was just a walk up and paid. No waiting for even 5 min. You can tell a lot has changes this year. Pretty dead with no good entertainment. I didn’t even buy one thing. I spent 3 day admission $36. No more than $40 on foods/drinks.  Husband and I dine out before we hit the road back home.

Like this post: +1

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 01:46:09 PM »
thanks for sharing, I was just there for one day and that was enough for me...

at 9am Saturday the crowd wasn't too bad ...until noon, I heard that lines to get in and even the car traffic was so hectic a friend of our friend couldn't find parking or had a hard time just even coming in...she was out there for an hour and still waiting

we call this Hmong zombies walking shoulder to shoulder w/ each other  :P

went to watch my cousins played for a bit and left thereafter...w hile walking to the sport's tournament, we just missed the fight that happened near that vegetable stand and thankfully we were far away before it happened

sugar cane drink

my purchases...ya smi only have 2 songs I like, I really like Maiv Yia Vwj's album this year ...and probably 1 of dib's song that I enjoy listening to

You're welcome and thanks for sharing your experience in photos too.. O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 01:56:35 PM »
I don’t think any of the entrance lines was busy or packed. I went 3 days and all around 11am or 12pm and it was just a walk up and paid. No waiting for even 5 min. You can tell a lot has changes this year. Pretty dead with no good entertainment. I didn’t even buy one thing. I spent 3 day admission $36. No more than $40 on foods/drinks.  Husband and I dine out before we hit the road back home.

Same here, I didn't buy anything except food and my daughter wanted a balloon so I got her a balloon. I like this vendor's food whether it be in Frenchtown, MT, Sparks, NV or Fresno, CA  O0:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 02:00:01 PM »
thankfully we missed this crazy fight within a few hundred feet away walking to the sport's field...lookin g from afar it seems as if tsis txaus cov rugrat's siab li, they kept coming after the guy over and over....and no damn security or pd was nearby

I feel sorry for the poor vendor's booth...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpMnYzcQtys

Pretty sad to see idiotic behaviors like that at the main Hmong cultural event...I say if they want to fight each other so bad, lock them up in a warehouse and let them go at it until the last person standing or none standing...the n call it..

Advertisements