Advertisement

Author Topic: Gratuity etiquette  (Read 680 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +753
    • View Profile
Re: Gratuity etiquette
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 03:00:48 PM »
They should be reported or shamed on Facebook social media.

Non Viet stores here in Cali that I know of are charging extras.  It is not even a Viet custom to take tips either thus why we viets are not big on customer service.  Sounds like a pho joint that serves white folks so they are trying to play by the white man rule.  I would of taken it to the owner and threaten fool that you'll go to Facebook to shame with it.  Social media I tell ya.  It is so powerful these days.  Someone from the papers may take the story and go viral with it.

Have not run into one that does that either...Not even the massage and coffee shop places where the servers where pasties and/or see through lace and are willing to go the "extra" mile for "tips"...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 09:33:45 AM »
I have coupon, it says 50 percent off.  ;)

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Pana23

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 01:36:33 PM »
Unbelievable @ what you went through. 

Offline Fancee

• Global Moderator
  • Shine bright like a diamond
  • Respect: +330
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 11:55:42 AM »
I tip solely base on service.....an d it can be $0 to 20%
Exactly!

"We never have more than we can bear.  The present hour we are always able to endure.  As is our day, so is our strength.  If the trials of many years were gathered into one, they would overwhelm us ... but all is so wisely measured to our strength."  ~*~ H.E. Manning

Offline Renaissance

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2019, 02:37:47 PM »
If they have a sign or if it's on the menu (something written) then I can see that it's a contract. By buying the food there you are agreeing to abide by that policy. If there is nothing written then it's illegal. Tell them to take it off your bill. These Vietnamese restaurant thinks tips are a right.

La Renaissance ~ The Rebirth

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +346
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2019, 03:46:13 PM »
Got a haircut once. After I paid and tipped her, the lady gave me a coupon to save a couple of dollars on my next haircut trip.  I asked if I could just use it now. She said no, which was too bad really, because I was hoping to just have her put it in and keep the money for herself since I didn't really care about getting a discount on my haircuts. 

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +434
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2019, 12:55:56 AM »
Don't tip if they already added it to your bill. Plus, it should only apply to large groups. Go and give them a negative review.

At least give us the name of the restaurant.

Offline ladylily

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2019, 08:17:46 AM »
It's crazy but even just picking up lunch from a restaurant nowadays requires a small tip. :/

Advertisements