Advertisement

Author Topic: Husband won't allow her to take the job even though it benefits the family more  (Read 1525 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Talked to a female co-worker about family life the other day and she said that she's angry at her husband. She's currently making 100k a year and found another job that makes 50k more year but her husband won't allow her to accept it. The reason is he doesn't want her to make more money than him. He feared that other men will lose respect for him because he makes less money than his wife. I pretty much just told her that his selfish reasons aka invalid insecurities are childish and very stupid!  :idiot2:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Peachy Fish

That's crazy! I agree with you. Also, they don't have to let others know who is making more. It isn't anyone's business anyway.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Even if others know, who cares as you (husband & wife team) are adding more resources to your family as whole. I just think her husband is very selfish, childish, and insecure with his idiotic reasons...

When it comes to my wife and I, we make about the same money but if she happens to find another job that pays more, I would say YIPPEEEEE!!!  O0 O0 O0

Plus, I wouldn't mind sharing that info with others either like family members/friends/co-workers or even complete strangers...be cause things like that make me proud as we are a team... 8)

« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 03:19:33 PM by theking »

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
There may be more to the story than this, on why the husband objects.  I wouldn’t necessarily judge too quickly since it’s one-sided....but that’s just me.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline venom

• Elite Poster
  • I am THAT Poisonous
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
There may be more to the story than this, on why the husband objects.  I wouldn’t necessarily judge too quickly since it’s one-sided....but that’s just me.

Cas txawj teb ua luaj li.  ;)

Pom Dej Dag Siab Thiaj Nqig. Sim Kiag!

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
It's like the movie crazy rich asian.  the husband of one of the girl in the movie cheated on her and destroy theri marriage because he thinks she's too good for him.  some guys have problems with thinking their women are better than them.  for me, I want my woman to make all the money and I just sit home and play video games.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
To me it doesn't matter who brings in more money as long as both members work together effectively to optimize the team to the best of their ability even if that means one stays home to take care of the kids...

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Talked to a female co-worker about family life the other day and she said that she's angry at her husband. She's currently making 100k a year and found another job that makes 50k more year but her husband won't allow her to accept it. The reason is he doesn't want her to make more money than him. He feared that other men will lose respect for him because he makes less money than his wife. I pretty much just told her that his selfish reasons aka invalid insecurities are childish and very stupid!  :idiot2:
Normal Hmong men would just leave the woman alone since she's married and its her business.  But ofcourse there are those creepy guys who would try to give the woman advice to make her turn on her husband because they're hoping she'd cheat on her husband with them.  just sayin..

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Normal Hmong men would just leave the woman alone since she's married and its her business.  But ofcourse there are those creepy guys who would try to give the woman advice to make her turn on her husband because they're hoping she'd cheat on her husband with them.  just sayin..

"Normal Hmong men" would just have enough common sense to take ownership of their ignorance and learn from it once it's proven wrong with *FACTS*. "But ofcourse" there are those "creepy guys" that would just foam badly at the mouth and repeat their cycle of ignorance. "just sayin.."

OH, THANK YOU FOR CRAWLING BACK TO PROVE ME RIGHT AGAIN... I KNOW I KNOW, YOU TRIED REALLY HARD TO ABIDE YOUR WORTHLESS WORDS I.E., "IGNORE" BUT YOU CAN'T HELP IT ONCE THE FOAM TAKES OVER...AND YEP, YOU'LL CRAWL BACK TO PROVE ME RIGHT AGAIN JUDGING BY THE MASS AMOUNT OF FOAM STILL OOZING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH...

Advertisements