Advertisement

Author Topic: Watched the movie on Netflix and liked it but now it's just stupid that people  (Read 1290 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..are copying it such as driving blindfolded, and putting themselves as well as others in danger...  :idiot2::

Netflix  has issued a warning to its customers thanks to a meme challenge that has gone viral in which people are choosing to put blindfolds on and navigate the world around them just like the characters in the horror movie “Bird Box.”

Let the hilarity and the hospital visits begin.

For those who spent the holidays visiting friends and not watching Netflix, here’s a quick summary. Netflix released a horror concept movie called Bird Box starring Sandra Bullock. In Bird Box, Bullock and her children, Boy and Girl, are forced to wear blindfolds and navigate a river and spooky forest to protect themselves against the evil monster that, if seen, causes people to kill themselves.

The movie not only broke viewership records, it inspired a bevy of #BirdBoxChallenge memes, including ones in which folks record themselves blindfolded and attempting to do complete tasks, many of which are depicted in the movie.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
We watched it over the weekend and it was STUPID.  Wasted 2 hrs. I know i'll never get back.  My personnel opinion, of course. 

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
We watched it over the weekend and it was STUPID.  Wasted 2 hrs. I know i'll never get back.  My personnel opinion, of course.

lol
than you going like

A QUIET PLACE

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_quiet_place_2018/

rotten tomatoes give it a nice rating, but i swear it one of the worst movie i seen in 2018
it's kinda like birdbox but this time, you can't talk
so the whole time, the actor are just signing language and moaning

hahahah

God did not created man...man created god

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
It's a Steven king kind of a movie.  His style is suspenseful.  The monster is like his other movie called the langalier or however you spell it.  Like the happening and so forth. 

It does carry a message though and it is debatable which makes it an ok movie to watch and write an essay about. 

Like at the beginning, we see her drawing as a painter and we see people looking down at something.  In our modern world, you go to the mall and people are glued to their social media phones so maybe the message is that social media is the monster that steals our soul.  We are Droid and a slave to it.  Only people that are not affected by it are the people that can't see, the blind cuz the blind don't go on Facebook or do they?

The other groups of psychos are also not being affected by it but I haven't linked the connection yet. 

In the book, at the last scene, the blind folks gorge their eyes out to help prevent but in the movie, no such thing. 

Also the title, birdbox could have something to do with the Twitter bird logo. 

I dunno, just saying

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Kind of like the happening, lame lol.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
Kind of like the happening, lame lol.
that's what I said too.....

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Taking photos at the house where the movie was filmed at is OK like what this family from Brazil did:

Or these Asian girls:

But to actually acting out the driving scene is just pure stupidity...an d then when they get hurt or hurt others, they blame the movie instead of their bad judgment... :idiot2:

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Man goes to fast food drive through.

Screams at speaker.  "I'm deaf, blind, and can't hear you.  I want XXXXXXXXXXXX.  I'm pulling up to the window now."

Pulls up to window..."Did you get my order? Oh I didn't see that you were talking to another customer."

The emphasis of deaf and can't hear.  Then blind and didn't see.  Yet, this person can drive a car perfectly fine.

That must be some serious...gps, robotic, auto-mobile.  :D

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
I thought the movie wasn't all that great :P   ....everyone is desperate for attention these days. I'm all for the challenge, just not on the street. Let them put a blind fold on and ship them down the river O0

Advertisements