Advertisement

Author Topic: Assessment performance reviews  (Read 4607 times)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Assessment performance reviews
« on: January 09, 2019, 12:14:28 PM »
What I always wonder about?  Even if it's an honest assessment given by either a colleague or from a supervisor.

I was told I was impatient.

That stuck out weird, because, patience is actually one of my strengths.  Was it assessed in the wrong scenario or what?

I get if compared to how I work, yes, I'm a beast, superhuman skill. 

I get that there's always two sides to each and everything.  The glass half full or half empty perspective.

As described by two different customers.  One says, it's like he's putting a high speed show on like only what you see on tv.  Another just says, he's throwing things around sloppy and it happens to land right.

So when my patience runs out...after giving an employee like two dozen chances to fix said problem and trying various methods of training over the past several months.  Yes, company standards, standard training etc.,..to simplified steps, written cards, post it, children rhymes, etc.,...I'm told I'm impatient because I said, "I don't know what else to do because I'm out of ideas.  I would like you to come up with a solution." yes, even empowering said individual to take accountability for themselves.

Should I just give up early?  Accept that people just can't learn or just refuse to learn.

and then this comes back.

"I can't learn because of his training methods...."

Um you watched the training video, everything was taught according to company standards - training video...

"It's because you were impatient..."

It's a one minute lesson...peopl e do it in one minute and become expert in one minute...it's taken said employee three months and not able to master this...after three months and I have the quality of being impatient.  None of these observers, were here for the past three months...

I need to work on being more stupid like everybody else...that's what my performance review tells me.  I was too stupid to play that.

Tell me I'm stupid... O0

Like this post: 0
The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Assessment performance reviews
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 12:31:26 PM »
This pH of the new century is not like what you remembered it to be.  Around here, they do not care about your feelings to what you do or what you eat. 

They only care about your problems so they can match your problems with theirs. 

I absolutely forgotten what it is that you are trying to cry about in here. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 12:34:09 PM »
Now just thinking about this some more...I forgot what I was suppose to cry about...LOL

When I see a problem...I go and tackle it right away.

When I'm given a task...I go execute it with high speed immediately.

When I'm given assigned duties...I approach it with high motivation.

People around me tells me I'm impatient.

Actually they tell me they ain't paid to do that...so that's maybe a fault in my quality. 

I remember when someone once said, "Your strengths are also your weakness."

philosophy is not my strength...

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 12:36:12 PM »
Maybe you have brain cancer or hyper advanced form of a-dd. 

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 12:41:31 PM »
perhaps...I don't see myself.  So I do rely on other's observation.

Someone once told me that I look like I get easily angry.  Yet they admit that they have never seen me angry once at all in all the years they have observed me.

Do I really look that ugly?  Perhaps I need to work on my fake smile, but it looks creepy to me.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 12:47:38 PM »
perhaps...I don't see myself.  So I do rely on other's observation.

Someone once told me that I look like I get easily angry.  Yet they admit that they have never seen me angry once at all in all the years they have observed me.

Do I really look that ugly?  Perhaps I need to work on my fake smile, but it looks creepy to me.

Maybe you have resting biatch face.  Not your problem if you were born like that.  You did not ask to be you so you deal with it and stop worrying about what other people thinks.  As long as you leave other people alone then it shouldn't bother you much. 

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 08:56:57 PM »
Well I can't write performance reviews that simply says..."You're stupid."  :2funny:

There's a limit to letting people do it their own way.  First they have to make the standard.  Which is clearly not happening.

When I give a person their performance review, I also give them a plan of action to improve or seek improvement in other areas.  It is also fair to assess time given to improve.  According to company standard, they always schedule in time for improvement.  Yet in reality that schedule time never happens due to all the idiots breaking things or doing stupid things, etc.,...

I do care about the performance reviews I've been given.  Which in most cases are tid bits of skewed views.  They all know that when things fall apart, I'm the one they call in to take care of things and get it back on track.  Then they turn around and give me a review that I don't get results.  Yes, I didn't improve the process to increase production by 10%.  However I just fixed your -50% bottleneck problem or process failure.

It takes on average 9 people to achieve $750 per hour.  I and one other person achieve that together when everybody else called quits.  Then I was told, I was too slow.  If there was more people, the process would've been faster.  You're lucky there was even two people in the first place.  Two people just did the same work 9 people did.  What part of that doesn't deserve merit, acknowledgment, or recognition of accomplishment?  Then it's like how come I can't accomplish this with three people.  Simple, that third person, sucks and makes things harder or makes mistakes and then everything gets backed up.  I can't multitask to manage that third person.  Really they're just in may way, by then.

I get people who have ulterior motives...they always do... DTA - Don't Trust Anybody.  Just like how Vince McMahon told Rock.  :2funny:

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:02:31 PM by VillainousHero »

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 12:02:16 AM »
DTA - Don't Tell Anyone.

I stop thinking and went fishing.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 07:28:55 PM »
D.T.A. - Don't Talk About it anymore.

that's how the conversation went now... :-X

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 07:36:27 PM »
Again...coming up.

Do I really need to be fair and tell people...they all need improvement?  Yes it's a question mark.

Cuz their performance, reflects on mine...What do I need to improve upon.

I need to learn to lie...Tell everyone that everything is wonderful and everything is working out great.   :-\

DTA done teaching apes

Advertisements