Advertisement

Author Topic: This job sucks.....  (Read 2705 times)

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
This job sucks.....
« on: January 10, 2019, 09:08:59 AM »
Police Officer shot and killed on her first shift.

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-container/US/louisiana-police-officer-fatally-shot-starting-shift/story?id=60280820

My thing is......

Who still want to be a police officer when society is always pointing fingers at them nowadays. A job don't pay enough if you have to wonder in the back of your mind about getting home to the wife and kids in one piece IMO.  I rather work in a office setting pushing papers, no hate from the public, no risking my life, better hours too. Yeah, people going to argue, follow your dreams......I'm sure nobody want to follow a dream right into getting shot especially at work. There are some safer dreams okay.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Re: This job sucks.....
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 12:29:11 PM »
One guy who lived in the south said: I hate it when my state makes National news because it's almost never a good thing.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 01:40:18 PM »

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-container/US/louisiana-police-officer-fatally-shot-starting-shift/story?id=60280820

My thing is......

Who still want to be a police officer when society is always pointing fingers at them nowadays. A job don't pay enough if you have to wonder in the back of your mind about getting home to the wife and kids in one piece IMO.  I rather work in a office setting pushing papers, no hate from the public, no risking my life, better hours too. Yeah, people going to argue, follow your dreams......I'm sure nobody want to follow a dream right into getting shot especially at work. There are some safer dreams okay.

there's RISK everywhere
you can die on your way to work by car accident
you can get kill at a movie theater
or mow down like animal at a las vegas concert
today might be the last day, you see your kids at school (Stoneman Douglas)

God did not created man...man created god

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 04:55:53 PM »

there's RISK everywhere
you can die on your way to work by car accident
you can get kill at a movie theater
or mow down like animal at a las vegas concert
today might be the last day, you see your kids at school (Stoneman Douglas)

I know, but there are better job with less risk.  Example:  I live in a great neighborhood now for over 15 years and notta single scared straight incident.  I remember living in the hood back in the days and we were on our guard daily and got stuff stolen like bikes, grill, toys, etc. 

Total police officer killed on the job in 2018 were I think it was 150.  Guess how many people died on the job from carpentry or chefs or auto mechanics, etc.  Probably too low to notice and close to none.  So, yes you can die from anything at work, I get it, but being a popo don't pay enough IMHO. 

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 05:33:02 PM »

My thing is......

Who still want to be a police officer when society is always pointing fingers at them nowadays.

Depends as some police officers love their job...

A job don't pay enough if you have to wonder in the back of your mind about getting home to the wife and kids in one piece IMO.

Depends again as some police officers makes 6 figure salary with excellent benefits...

I rather work in a office setting pushing papers, no hate from the public, no risking my life, better hours too.

Also depends as there have been violent incident "in a office setting" as well...as well as receiving "hate" from the public, and of course some life risking moments have occurred in that setting too...

Yeah, people going to argue, follow your dreams......I'm sure nobody want to follow a dream right into getting shot especially at work. There are some safer dreams okay.

Yep, some should follow their "dreams"...If not, then why even bother living a miserable life??  ???

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 05:42:01 PM »
I wanted to be a poll least opsfischer...b ut they say I was two thumb 2 nose betta.  :police:

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 08:56:08 PM »
I know, but there are better job with less risk.  Example:  I live in a great neighborhood now for over 15 years and notta single scared straight incident.  I remember living in the hood back in the days and we were on our guard daily and got stuff stolen like bikes, grill, toys, etc. 

Total police officer killed on the job in 2018 were I think it was 150.  Guess how many people died on the job from carpentry or chefs or auto mechanics, etc.  Probably too low to notice and close to none.  So, yes you can die from anything at work, I get it, but being a popo don't pay enough IMHO.

Lots of people get injured at work and even kill
For example: truck driver, military, firefighters, drivers (thailand cave driver)

People will die
Just gotta deal with it

Can’t change people’s behavior

God did not created man...man created god

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 01:15:14 AM »
If you don't think being a cop is dangerous its all good.  I need to call the cops too when I need help.  However, I can never be a cop or join the military or any job where getting shot at is part of the job and all you do is hope that it just don't happen during your shift or your entire career.  I love my wife and kids too much to put myself in those risky line of work.  I mean, I got a pretty wife, some great kids, a nice house, I think God want me to enjoy this life until I get old, lol.  I rather push papers in a office setting and if I trip and fall and die, oh well so be it, just my damn luck.  At least everybody would say, it must be the work of God VERSUS being a cop and people telling you, you know you a walking target and potentially could get shot right.  If you get shot, not a shocker, everybody know its a dangerous job.  If my wife as a cop, I would be like, NOPE find another career because I just love that P too much, too risky that I might have to loose it too soon, lol.

Look is some life insurance ask for Hazardous Occupation, its because they know you might get shot and have to collect sooner.  This automatically tells you that your job is risky. They didn't ask that question just because, lol.

Peachy Fish

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 09:02:01 PM »
I give props to anyone who knowingly sacrifice their lives to protect others as a career. I remember playing paintball the 1st time and I literally froze...couldn't bring my feet to carry me to run or hide.

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 07:43:02 AM »
Another one young officer killed couple days ago.  Some idiot came by and open fired at her during a car accident report that she respond to.  RIP. 

Like I said you are a walking target, if you get shot there's no surprise, you choose a dangerous career.  I rather work pushing papers or something beside being a cop or join the military.  I love being with my wife and kids too much to take a risky career like that.  I rather be a Lab Tech or Dental Hygienists that pays close to being a police officer.  There are better and safer careers that pays just as well. 

Good luck to those who have family in these jobs.  Every officer I know in my life time says, make sure to get a lot of life insurance.

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-container/US/absolute-star-22-year-police-officer-shot-killed/story?id=60307551

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2019, 03:16:35 AM »
Another one young officer killed couple days ago.  Some idiot came by and open fired at her during a car accident report that she respond to.  RIP. 

Like I said you are a walking target, if you get shot there's no surprise, you choose a dangerous career.  I rather work pushing papers or something beside being a cop or join the military.  I love being with my wife and kids too much to take a risky career like that.  I rather be a Lab Tech or Dental Hygienists that pays close to being a police officer.  There are better and safer careers that pays just as well. 

Good luck to those who have family in these jobs.  Every officer I know in my life time says, make sure to get a lot of life insurance.

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-container/US/absolute-star-22-year-police-officer-shot-killed/story?id=60307551

I still have more respect for people that actually live their life and follow their dreams than those that tip toe though life and being miserable just the meet Death at the end just the same:

...Natalie Corona was a rising star in her police department with a sparkling smile and a huge heart who had followed in her father's footsteps and became an officer, fulfilling a lifelong dream just a few months ago when her dad pinned the badge on her uniform.

..As the eldest of four daughters, Corona grew up dreaming of becoming a law enforcement officer like her father, said her cousin, Emily Gomez, 26.

"I don't remember her talking about anything else than wanting to become an officer," said Gomez, who said her cousin was an athletic star in high school, excelling in volleyball, basketball and track.

..."She was very proud," her father told Fox40-TV, choking back tears as he spoke about how much she loved her job.

"She would come home, she would be beaming," her father said, his voice quivering. "She died doing what she wanted to do, what she loved."

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 10:25:00 AM »
Another one, RIP.  Another shot but will survive.  Look, being a cops pays well but if you didn't get to enjoy the pay then if defeat your goal in the first place.  There are more dead cops than it is reported, you have to search and the numbers is scary. 

You can argue your point for being a officer or taking a job where getting shot is the norm all you want.  IMO, when you love your family more than anything, you will take a normal job so you can enjoy life with them longer bc time is precious.  Okay, I know that there are those that put their career and dreams over family and will have excuses and reasoning up the roof.  Bruh, if your dreams was not to be with family then you don't deserve them, right.  Family is priority, career is secondary, get your priority straight people, lol.   

https://www.yahoo.com/news/off-duty-deputy-shot-colorado-officer-chase-dies-032825613.html

https://www.foxnews.com/us/indiana-police-officer-accidentally-shot-by-other-cop-in-dramatic-bodycamera-video?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20foxnews%2Fnational%20%28Internal%20-%20US%20Latest%20-%20Text%29&utm_content=Yahoo%20Search%20Results

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 06:05:14 PM »
Whatcha gonna do when Zombie Apocalypse comes?  :2funny:

Being ex-military...I'll say that 90% of the US soldiers out there...I wouldn't want/trust to watch my back.  Some of these people are all talk and really just cowards or they rather save their own life rather than help another.  My respect goes out to the field photographer that carries a camera instead of a rifle.

It takes a quality mind set that says, "I want to protect others."  while risking myself.  Real life heroes that willingly jump into danger.  Not everyone can be a hero, not anybody can be a hero.

At the same time, I will never understand people who are total villains and taking the life of others.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2019, 01:45:32 AM »
Look, being a cops pays well but if you didn't get to enjoy the pay then if defeat your goal in the first place.

Not really because the goal is already met by just being able to achieve their dream of being a cop.

You can argue your point for being a officer or taking a job where getting shot is the norm all you want.  IMO, when you love your family more than anything, you will take a normal job so you can enjoy life with them longer bc time is precious.

Being an officer is a "normal" public job ...And yes, like most workers of many of the other fields, most workers in the criminal justice field can also enjoy life with their family just as long...Someone I grew up with just retired with excellent retirement benefits and pension and he's only in his 40s. He put in 20 years of service and is receiving at least 50 percent of his final salary as his pension....tha t means he's receiving about 75 grand a year plus about 15 more grand from his retirement supplement pay along with excellent health and other law enforcement benefits..

Okay, I know that there are those that put their career and dreams over family and will have excuses and reasoning up the roof.  Bruh, if your dreams was not to be with family then you don't deserve them, right.  Family is priority, career is secondary, get your priority straight people, lol.

Depends as not all have excuses and reasoning up the roof. In some cases, when they get their dream job,  they are actually more motivated, more happy in life, and as a result, able to better provide for their family...than say those that are in a miserable job...

Advertisements