Advertisement

Author Topic: All these 'GOAT' talks, I think Jordan like Montana put it best  (Read 580 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
All these 'GOAT' talks, I think Jordan like Montana put it best
« on: January 15, 2019, 10:42:38 PM »
My opinion is the same too for the very reason that Jordan talked about  O0:

Michael Jordan has made it clear he doesn't want GOAT title: It 'disrespects' the legends I never competed against

Michael Wilbon asked Michael Jordan if he considered himself the "greatest basketball player ever." Jordan responded by saying that he doesn't want that title because it "disrespects" the great names who played before his time:

"I don't want it in a sense because I think it disrespects Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West -- you know all the guys that prior to me I never had a chance to play against," Jordan said. "What everybody is saying I am, I never had the chance to compete against other legends that was prior to me. When I hear it, I cringe a little bit because it's a little bit embarrassing because no one knows. I never had the chance to, once again, to play against those guys. I would love to have played against them but I never did. And for you to say that I'm better than him ... I mean it's your opinion; it's their opinion. I accept that as their opinion. If you ask me, I would never say that I am the greatest player. That's because I never played against all the people that represented the league prior to Michael Jordan."

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 10:44:46 PM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Re: All these 'GOAT' talks, I think Jordan like Montana put it best
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 11:30:27 AM »
No GOAT is needed, they are great in their own ways. But since we are on that subject, Bruce Lee is a GOAT in his field. That’s my opinion and it’s the only opinion that really matters lol.

Like this post: 0
I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Advertisements