Advertisement

Author Topic: Reminder for those of you with chest freezers  (Read 680 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Reminder for those of you with chest freezers
« on: January 15, 2019, 11:56:34 PM »
...in your property, garage, etc... I don't have one or need one but if you do, it's a good reminder...:'(:

Brother and Sister, Aged 6 and 1, Die Alongside 4-Year-Old Friend After Getting Trapped in Freezer

Three children in Florida have tragically died after being trapped inside a chest freezer.

The children, ages 1, 4 and 6 were playing outside in the yard of their home when they allegedly climbed inside the freezer, the Suwannee County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement shared on Facebook.

The freezer was recently brought to the residence and was not yet plugged in or taken inside the home.

A woman, whom authorities identified as the mother of the 4-year-old girl according to News 4 Jax, was watching the children play outside.

She told police she had just left them alone briefly to use the restroom while they were playing and when she returned, she noticed they had vanished, the Suwannee County Sheriff’s Office said.

After not being able to locate the children, the woman woke up another woman who also lives on the property, whom authorities identified to The Tallahassee Democrat as the 6-year-old boy and 1-year-old girl’s grandmother.

The grandmother was sleeping at the home before her night shift, and they began searching the property, authorities said. They also looked inside a vacant home next door.

The children were later found unresponsive inside the freezer. The women dialed 911 and attempted to resuscitate the children, but weren’t successful, the sheriff’s office said.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
Re: Reminder for those of you with chest freezers
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 07:39:13 AM »
"The children, ages 1, 4 and 6 were playing outside in the yard of their home when they allegedly climbed inside the freezer, the Suwannee County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement shared on Facebook."

1 thing:
How does a one year old "climbed" into the freezer?

I've been seeing a lot of news coming out of FLO RIDA.  And they ain't good.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 08:26:28 AM »
Saw the article...sad.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 09:24:37 AM »
Florida has become the disturbing state to live in. 

If the news is wack, check Florida first. 

These are probably the rectangular freezer.  We uses those to store our seafood critters. 

I can see the danger with them but mine is so full, not enough room to store a human child. 

Sad case for the family and even more sad for the one child who is not related.   Thus why, I don't take other people's kids for ice cream run anymore.  How do you live with yourself, knowing that you failed as an adult who should take care of another person's child in your care?

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements