Advertisement

Author Topic: Humanity: easier to forgive those that take ownership of their wrongs and tried  (Read 371 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..to learn from it by making things right  O0:

Restaurant owner meets man who robbed him instead of calling the cops: 'Forgiveness is better'

The owner of a Columbia, S.C., seafood restaurant sent a powerful message about forgiveness this week when he decided not to press charges against the man who broke into his restaurant.

A Facebook post explained that the Mr. Seafood restaurant “got hit” over the weekend and had to close on Sunday. But after neighbors helped identify the man seen stealing from the business in a surveillance video, the owner, Kevin Scott, decided to talk to him before calling the police.

“God inspired me,” Scott told Birmingham, Ala.’s WBRC Fox 6 News. “I talked to the guy, and he said he did it to feed his family, and his story didn’t seem dishonest to me. He apologized and offered to work to pay off what he stole, but I don’t want that. I just don’t want him committing crimes.”

A few days after the break-in, Scott met the man at the restaurant and later posted a photo of them on Facebook. “Forgiveness is better,” he wrote.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements