Advertisement

Author Topic: hmgrock solution to the income inequality in america  (Read 10450 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
Re: hmgrock solution to the income inequality in america
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2019, 01:19:02 AM »
HR,

I empathize with what you are saying.  Everyone lost money during the deep recession.  My portfolio got crushed but that was temporary.  It wasn't fair too that the executives who are 1% were getting bonuses while the 99% were struggling with food and shelter.  It was a very sad time.  It should never have happened.  The person to blame is Bill Clinton who signed into law the deregulation of banks and globalization of jobs.  This policy generated a massive amount of profit in the short term paid by the long term cost of all taxpayers.  What's important to understand is these type of black swan events are extremely rare and if people start to practice resilient engineering and system thinking in the practice of policymaking, we may be able to avoid these events in the future.

In my opinion, the greatest problem is not income inequality it was the redistribution of wealth from the middle-class to the 1% and the lower 15%.  You are upset because you are in the middle-class like I am.  You felt the 30% loss in income, while the lowest 15% received more government benefit, and the 1% captured 70% of the market profits.  Why is that?  First and foremost, the federal reserve policy on Zero-Interest-Rate Policy (ZIRP) is the direct cause.  This was a poison pill the nation took in order to encourage the stimulation of the market.  The alternative could have been to let the market fall to the ground but what we learned from the great depression is not doing anything and letting the crisis become an existential threat to America safety is pure madness.  The second thing is Obama created these freebie policies to calm the mob without considering the long term cost.  Affordable Care Act is not affordable.

Now if we examine Pew Research, we'll see that 74% of the US tax revenue comes from 1%.  So the bailout was 74% paid by the 1%.  It's really just funny money moving in circles until something even worst happen.  This is why I don't have a long term belief in the stock market but I do have a short term belief in the stock market.  Hence, this is why I advocate for active investing by knowing what you invest in and not passive investing by throwing your money into ETF and SPY.  I am also an advocator for employee owned enterprises because you share the risk and the reward.

DING DING DING DING DING!

The two are cut from the same cloth. They just have different wallet sizes.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2019, 01:21:15 AM »
I have lived long enough amongst the poorest of poor to know that some of them are just as s.hitty a person as some of the greediest, selfish, affluent people.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2019, 01:28:22 AM »
RU saying that little Ryan kid doesn't deserve the millions he made from being a Youtube star?

Should Beyonce split her profits with her fans?

Stop being such a communist and let people earn what others are willing to pay them.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2019, 01:16:52 AM »
Yes
I understand what you are saying
What i am saying is these owners are not using their personal wealth
They are using others people money
So they assume zero risk
Because its not their money

Some might use/get rest from bank and investor

With 6 bankruptcy
You would think trump would be a cashier at Walmart

You're wrong, Donald Trump never filed for bankruptcy. That's why he doesn't need to work for walmart.

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2019, 03:24:04 PM »
If you make more than 150 K or maybe 250 K within the years,whatever you make after that doesn't get tax... imagine that... 

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2019, 05:53:52 AM »
If you make more than 150 K or maybe 250 K within the years,whatever you make after that doesn't get tax... imagine that...

That's great for the people who are ambitious enough to know how to make that kind of living.

Too bad Demonrats don't believe in self-made millionaires when there are hundreds of them. Some folks made their wealth through blue collar type work - creating heating and air conditioning units, laying foundation (literally brick layering) company, etc.

Some of the richest people did not make their money from sitting behind a desk.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2019, 08:33:21 AM »
gotta stop overpaying people, man

i see CEO, management, higher up,
getting millions of $$$

FOR GETTING FIRED.....

:idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

THAT MAKES ZERO SENSE
YOU GET MILLIONS OF DOLLARS $$$$
FOR GETTING FIRED

God did not created man...man created god

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2019, 08:06:14 PM »
The whole CEO firing stuff is all pop culture demonizing CEOs.  Pop culture people like you have no authority to comment about CEO because you have ZERO experience in judging or gaging in this arena.  CEOs are fire not because of poor performance but because the board wanted someone new.

gotta stop overpaying people, man

i see CEO, management, higher up,
getting millions of $$$

FOR GETTING FIRED.....

:idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

THAT MAKES ZERO SENSE
YOU GET MILLIONS OF DOLLARS $$$$
FOR GETTING FIRED

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2019, 08:19:33 AM »
The whole CEO firing stuff is all pop culture demonizing CEOs.  Pop culture people like you have no authority to comment about CEO because you have ZERO experience in judging or gaging in this arena.  CEOs are fire not because of poor performance but because the board wanted someone new.

stop overpaying the CEO and upper management
sooo easy man

use that money to pay everyone FAIR

God did not created man...man created god

Advertisements