Advertisement

Author Topic: Endurance Running Tips  (Read 4758 times)

Peachy Fish

Endurance Running Tips
« on: January 30, 2019, 10:50:23 PM »
Share your tips on endurance running. I only do this 3x a week, and my current goal is to run for 4 miles with little rest. I noticed what has helped me so far are the below:
  • feet compression sleeves
  • normatec compression
  • cryotherapy
  • jogging / ski masks for them cold days
  • cut toenails short
  • when running in the cold, an infinity scarf is best. Turn it into a turban or if you get too hot, wear it as a shrug

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 10:52:40 PM by Thundersaurus »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: Endurance Running Tips
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 12:21:20 PM »
Mmmm..

As for me, I would just say you have to keep runnjng, run everyday and run 4 miles a day, dont stop till you logged 4 miles. 

Also, try running hills, it will help.  🙂

Like this post: +1
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Peachy Fish

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 07:18:21 PM »
Thanks for the tip! I cannot run every day though.  ;D
I only run on days I do upper body strength training, and sometimes that is taxing already if I run directly after lifting.

I find what works best for me so far is to split it out...either lift early in the AM and then run in the PM, or vice versa, but sometimes time is against me.

Peachy Fish

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 11:27:03 AM »
Do you wear the compression sleeve under socks or wear it in place of socks?

I wear it under light socks. I tested it with under and over socks, and I noticed that under the socks works best for my feet. I found some at Ross for $3, so I bought 6.

My sis said she did the below and it helped her. I am going to test the below out on my Sunday run.

https://youtu.be/WTSOQg680mc

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 03:40:51 PM »
Wear good running shoes and also a key element to long distance is increasing your pace as you go on.
To put it into perspective, get to your heart pumping and exert all of your energy and do some quick bursts.   O0

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 07:07:23 PM »
As getting older...techni que becomes way more vital to efficiency for building/keeping up endurance.  Joint injury will plague the body later on.

Running/jogging with the technique of a light footwork is where it's at.  There's the whole process of efficiently absorbing the impact shock and bouncing out of it.  That is to say, there should be no impact.  It should be fluid motion.  Yes it may tire you out more in the beginning, but you're building this for the long term health, not just short term endurance effects.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Peachy Fish

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 01:57:07 PM »
Wear good running shoes and also a key element to long distance is increasing your pace as you go on.
To put it into perspective, get to your heart pumping and exert all of your energy and do some quick bursts.   O0

Yes, I think I need a new pair of shoes to run in.

Peachy Fish

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 01:58:02 PM »
As getting older...techni que becomes way more vital to efficiency for building/keeping up endurance.  Joint injury will plague the body later on.

Running/jogging with the technique of a light footwork is where it's at.  There's the whole process of efficiently absorbing the impact shock and bouncing out of it.  That is to say, there should be no impact.  It should be fluid motion.  Yes it may tire you out more in the beginning, but you're building this for the long term health, not just short term endurance effects.

Been working on my light footwork, but I need more practice.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 01:45:30 AM »
Breathe hard. It's ok to pant.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 11:48:19 PM »
Been working on my light footwork, but I need more practice.

If I may suggest...take a class in Tai Chi or Qigong and apply it to running.

While both are very different, there's some similarity in "the flow".  O0 O0

In the umbrella of it, it's Gong Fu.  ;)

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Advertisements