Advertisement

Author Topic: Some higher educated people (Master and PHD graduates) can be so dumb  (Read 2808 times)

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
Re: Some higher educated people (Master and PHD graduates) can be so dumb
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 07:59:56 PM »
Next time tell him that he's right,  but unfortunately for him he chose the wrong career.  ;D

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2019, 08:17:17 PM »
one does not go to college or obtain a higher education just so they can make a minimum wage.  with such degrees, they have the option, let alone right, to demand a higher pay.

Of course they have the right to do so, same as everyone else. But in reality, just because someone demands a higher pay doesn't guarantee that they will get a higher pay. And of course, one does not need to go to college or obtain a higher education in order to not make a minimum wage. Even when I was still in high school and was looking for a job, I wasn't  specifically looking for minimum wage job.

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2019, 09:01:46 AM »
Of course they have the right to do so, same as everyone else. But in reality, just because someone demands a higher pay doesn't guarantee that they will get a higher pay. And of course, one does not need to go to college or obtain a higher education in order to not make a minimum wage. Even when I was still in high school and was looking for a job, I wasn't  specifically looking for minimum wage job.
granted everyone have a right, but people who goes to college put themselves in a better position to negotiate for a higher rate.  they would have a higher successful rate at obtaining the position, plus the higher pay...be mindful we talking about a master degree and PHD...these are not easy to obtain.  in the case of the pyschiatrist vs the plumber...theP yscho did not need to mock his psychiatrist's intelligence, he could have told him to work as many hours as the plumber, he would make 10x the plumber.  if we were to break down the hourly wage for each position, the average pay for a pyschiatrist is $100/hr compared to $20-$25/hr for the plumber...so thePhysco's pyschiatrist does have a point...his higher education degree, does give him the right to make more money! 

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Advertisements