Advertisement

Author Topic: Give me a list of Hmong names  (Read 13270 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: Give me a list of Hmong names
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2019, 04:39:45 PM »
If parent don't give a child a bad name to start with they don't have to worry about people telling them to change it and it's not a subjective opinion.  You know and I know that a name such as "chim siab" is bad.  If you don't know it...Let me tell you please never name your child Chim siab ok? ;D ;D ;D

Well, if you're going to be stubborn and seeing is believing... don't blame me later.  You're already warned. ;D ;D :D :D

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2019, 10:33:46 PM »
Wow, so self centered and closed minded with the my way is the only way mentality when it comes to subjective stuff like names but that's you so don't get all hot and bothered when someone with a different opinion criticizes your kids' names...Having the name "chim siab" is not as bad as having a self centered tude of my opinion is the only one that matters..even though fact says opinions can vary..when it comes to subjective things...

I bet you'll go out of your way to eat every food type that Simon Cowell eats just because he says it's "good"...;D ;D ;D

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2019, 01:01:18 PM »
Oh, forgot this response...DEP ENDS ;D ;D ;D

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2019, 01:15:50 PM »
Oh, forgot this response...DEP ENDS ;D ;D ;D

YES! LOVE IT!!!   ;D ;D ;D

Regardless of how "stubborn", can't beat facts so it all comes back full circle to this FACT!  O0:

Depends on the individual, it may be "weird" to you but doesn't necessarily mean it's weird to others...

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2019, 08:32:29 PM »
That's a pretty comprehensive list you got there The King.  I think it's important for parents not to name their kids weird names like "tsav ntuj", "ntxim hlub", "Muaj Zog"... those weird names...

a name is important so it's good you and your husband put some thought into it.

I concur that some of them are peculiar or odd names, because they’re out of the norm.  ;D

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Advertisements