Advertisement

Author Topic: What do you want your kids to have that you never had as a kid or teen?  (Read 3793 times)

Luna

Re: What do you want your kids to have that you never had as a kid or teen?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2019, 02:34:21 AM »
I would want them to understand where  parents love comes from.  It's not that I never had it, just that I didn't understand I had it until I had children of my own.  I want them to know how much I will love and support them in all they do and all they are.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
  • Handsome Man's Club Applicant
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2019, 12:15:32 PM »
The one thing I want my kids to have is experience living life in a 3rd world country like I did so they understand how bless they are and the opportunities they have.  Our kids did not have the struggles we did and I think we did them a disservice.  Need to send them to Laos and Thailand for a few months..becaus e talking and seeing/experiencing are two different things.

Can we give your kids a case of small pox and malaria to really round out the life lesson?? :D ::)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2019, 12:42:55 PM »
Good idea.

Man, I had unknown rashes all over my body in Ban Vinai. Couldn't sit because it was painful on the butt.
couldn't sleep because it was painful anywhere the body was touching a surface. Had to lose a lot of sleep turning around into the nights on those hard, bamboo  mattress beds.

I'm not letting my kids go through that.

Can we give your kids a case of small pox and malaria to really round out the life lesson?? :D ::)

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2019, 03:33:36 PM »
For me.. I've always wanted barbies. Lots of them with a Barbie house and clothes..  :'( :'( I never got them until I was 14  years old but it's okay. I got to play with them from age 14-16.. lol
what happen after you reach 17?  did you just stop stone cold? 

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2019, 03:35:09 AM »
My kids will never do parkour in the woods or on the street or even the park to say...
Probably never shoot a bird/squirrel/rabbit with a slingshot...no r even come close to building hand made slingshot.
Have a full blown stick sword fight...amazin g how no one ever lost an eye, just bloody knuckles.
They'll probably never learn to play the stick that flick that horse poop game...which goes back to the above with sore losers. 

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2019, 09:56:12 AM »
My kids will never do parkour in the woods or on the street or even the park to say...
Probably never shoot a bird/squirrel/rabbit with a slingshot...no r even come close to building hand made slingshot.
Have a full blown stick sword fight...amazin g how no one ever lost an eye, just bloody knuckles.
They'll probably never learn to play the stick that flick that horse poop game...which goes back to the above with sore losers.
They do more than that these days.  They can shoot,fight and kill demons, dragons, Yoshi's and zombies all on a little hand held device.  Well, maybe not Yoshi.  I don't think you can kill that little critter.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2019, 05:23:35 PM »
So damn materialistic. No wonder you vote DEM, and you say money doesn't matter.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

MONEY IS ABOUT FREEDOM and not being a slave to anybody's demands or ideology. MATERIALISTIC GOODS are just a small way to reward yourself at the end of reaching a goal.

This is why we don't want to give you our money because we don't want to fund your greedy, materialistic addiction.

SO "NO", you do NOT deserve a big flat screen just because someone else has one. YOU GOT TO EARN IT. The tv is the reward, not a right, you greedy Libtards.

What god awful parents, to think that is all you want to give your children is materialistic goods.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2019, 04:00:28 AM »
This is why we don't want to give you our money ...

Not like you have any anyways as you've already admitted that you're "flat broke"...Epic failure for someone that was given the "world" to succeed in life... ***shakes head***

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2019, 07:18:24 PM »
Will let you know soon.

Advertisements