Advertisement

Author Topic: What is cyber security?  (Read 745 times)

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
What is cyber security?
« on: February 26, 2019, 01:56:09 PM »
Is it the same as IT? I have been hearing so much about it in the job market. Do you know of anyone in this field or pursuing in it?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
Re: What is cyber security?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 07:58:30 PM »
CISSP
CISA

Google Cybersecurity Model.  It will provide a high-level overview of the stages, planning process, and maturity process of an organization.  I do not work in this field but I deal with other management control function like Risk...  In all honesty, they all work the same.  In addition, perhaps security can be considered a risk, so look up Risk Management. 

If you like working in an audit or control function, then this is for you.  Very regimented, rigorous and process oriented.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 08:01:10 PM by w1s3m0n »

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 08:04:19 AM »
I want to change career path but not sure if its the right thing to do since I'm already 40 :P

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 08:48:17 AM »
Is it the same as IT? I have been hearing so much about it in the job market. Do you know of anyone in this field or pursuing in it?
It's all really just a big scam to rip big companies out of lots of money.  They sell companies these expensive devices, make companies hire these cyber securities experts for lots of money to configure the devices, only to fend off "potential" threats that may never materialize.  ;)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 08:53:21 AM »
I want to change career path but not sure if its the right thing to do since I'm already 40 :P
To get into cyber security at 40?  I don't recommend it.  You'd have to have a few years of IT experience under your belt, get your head into the clouds, learn to put up firewalls, secure DMZ's in times of peace, Learn about DOS and DDOS, realize that private and public keys aren't made from copper, etc.

Advertisements