Advertisement

Author Topic: share something you're just so happy about...  (Read 1470 times)

flint-rod

share something you're just so happy about...
« on: March 01, 2019, 05:07:28 PM »
took me two nights in which i had no hot water but i'm happy to say that i have a new hot water heater... lol!

out with the old...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

flint-rod

Re: share something you're just so happy about...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 05:08:40 PM »
in with the new... bigger, faster, and better... let's hope it lasts 13 yrs or more too... lol!

flint-rod

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 05:11:24 PM »
oh... and some new power tools to top it off because i saved myself a thousand dollars... lowe's has a deal on these right now... 399 gets you 8 pc tool set... unfortunately they're not brushless but i can live with it...

flint-rod

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 05:27:22 PM »
I had mine replaced a few years ago by a family friend...my only concern is that since this involved piping up the gas line hopefully everything was done properly...it's been a few years now and knock on woods but so far so good..

oh and I thought he bent something and that is why my water pressure suck...but turns out, I think it was a city related issue...once they fixed my outside sewage system and started metering my water usage, my water pressure is fine now... I guess all that gunk or junk probably clog up something out on the pipes coming into my property and so after they dug up something and replaced it, it's normal now.

if ever you doubt your skills... leave it to the pros... in most homes there should be a water pressure valve in which you can control the water pressure that comes into your house... my research led me to not exceed 80 psi... 60 to 80 psi is the range... dealing with gas should never be taken lightly too... know what you're doing or else ka'boom... lol!

i do things myself because many of the time i doubt the skills of others unless i have absolutely no clue what i'm doing... for instance over the summer... i had my breaker box replaced because 1: i dare not deal with electric of that magnitude and 2: the skill required to do it exceeded what i knew or could learn... so i ended up paying this older electrician 3k, who did a phenomenal, to switch out my breaker box and to pigtail all of my aluminum wires inside my house into copper so that my house doesn't go up in flames, which aluminum wires are known to do... lol! 

flint-rod

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 05:29:37 PM »
oh and I am happy because it's Friday and I can finally wake up late tomorrow...but I have a full weekend agenda ahead...I am looking forward to it but at the same time I won't have any time to myself ...my weekday evenings are my only breather and that's when I craft as my therapy

oh and my Hmong Etsy items are arriving! i'm excited to see how it look like....

don't the weekends go by too fast... it seems like before you know it... it's monday again... lol!

flint-rod

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 05:36:22 PM »
I have families and friends of all skills...my bils and cousins are electrician and they do those thing for a living and our family friend also does water heater for a living ....so to save the cost of going thru the company, why not hire them directly and pay them instead for their time and skills

heck yeah... if i knew or had the hook-up... i wld rather hire than do it myself... unless they're not really good at what they do or just learning... i once paid my nephew a newbie mechanic 100 bucks to change out the timing belt on my civic... it started to leak immediately after and i had to take it into the pros after and pay additional... lesson learned... btw, he's no longer a mechanic... lol!

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 07:39:25 PM »
Good job Flint.👏. Me, with everyday that pass, I know the day I hit the water with a rod and reel in my hand gets closer.

$weet_$ymphony

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 11:24:37 PM »
At the moment, just so happy for sleeping in tomorrow

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 02:09:14 PM »
flint-rod,

now that you installed a new water heater, document & manage your home assets (appliance, equipment, power tools) with myEZasset, a digital home asset management app. visit www.myezasset.com to download for ios or android. ;)

every year, drain your water heater so sediment particles don't get stuck to the bottle, causing rusts and leaks. should help to prolong its life up to 13 years ;)

« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 02:11:44 PM by slude »

Advertisements