Advertisement

Author Topic: ZOO HEEV tus ntxiv tsev cov lus hais rau nws tu Vaus....  (Read 1021 times)

Offline mind-teaser

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
ZOO HEEV tus ntxiv tsev cov lus hais rau nws tu Vaus....
« on: March 06, 2019, 11:24:07 AM »
Once in a blue moon....I came across something worth sharing...Some thing worthy of cultivating into your life.

Thov nyeem tau.

Ua Tsaug!

Ib lub sijhawm Ze nov Muaj ib rooj tshoob ua rau Kuv( xúc động ) heev.

There were a wedding that I really inspired to...

Nyob rau hauv rooj tshoob ntawd, Yawm txiv Hais rau vauv tias:
"Kuv yog tug Xub tuav nwg teg tsis yog Koj"
Tug Xub hnia nwg, yog Kuv Tsis yog Koj"
Thawj tug Txom kwm nwg, yog Kuv Tsis yog Koj"

At the wedding, the father in law said to his son-in-law:
I am the first person to hold her hands, not you.
I am the first to kiss her, not you.
I am the first to care for her, not you.

Tabsis tug Kws nrug nwg ua neej mug ib tshis, tug ntawd yog Koj tsis yog Kuv.

However, the one that will care and be with her for an eternity WILL BE YOU, not ME!

Yog muaj ib Hnub twg Koj tsis hlub nwg
Tsis txhob ntseev sab rau nwg
Tsis txhob Ntaus nwg
Tsis txhob hais rau nwg.
Hais rau Kuv,
Kuv coj nwg lug tsev!!!

If there comes a day when you no longer loves her.....
Don't turn your heart against her,
Don't physically punish her,
Don't tell her,
Tell me......I'll take her back.

Tug vauv txhog caug lub sijhawm ntawd, cov phoojywg sawvdaws tuaj koom sawvdaws lub kua muag poob Los

The son in law got down on his knees at that moment,  Friends, everyone who came to the wedding, all were shedding tears.

Yog phoojywg Koj yog Txiv neej yawg, thov ua zoo fwm tug pọjniam Nyob ntawm yug ib xab
Vim lawv yog cov ntshais muaj nqis ntawm lwm tug.

Friends, if you're a man, please respect and treat your wife with love as someone worthy by your side. She is someone that worth the world to her parents.

I'm sorry, but the last paragraph is probably more or less is referring to RESPECT of the parents and the daughter, whom you're married. Maybe someone who's well verse in Hmoob/Hmoob Leej can translate?
Thaum me yoom nyiaj yog nyob ntawm niam thiab txiv tsev, 
Thaum paub thiab loj mus nrhiav tau nyiaj yog ntawm tug txiv lub tsev ( nhà chồng)
Yog li ntawd phoojywg Koj yuav tsum nco, (ngoài ) xab nrau lawv cov niam thiab txiv,
Lawv Tsis txhuav ib leej twg nqi.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 12:01:58 PM by mind-teaser »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline mind-teaser

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
Re: ZOO HEEV tus ntxiv tseb cov lus hais rau nws tu Vaus....
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 11:56:50 AM »
:dontknow:  :dontknow:

can you shortly summarize it in english because there's too much reading in hmong, my eyes are like  :crazy2: or ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz z

is this supposed to be lus paj huam?

I did my best to put in simplest English translation. Hope it helps?  :) :)

Like this post: +1

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
Re: ZOO HEEV tus ntxiv tsev cov lus hais rau nws tu Vaus....
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 01:34:32 PM »
basically, the father is kindly requesting that his daughter be returned if the son in-law should have change of heart. if and when she is returned, there will be no cash back.

often times, during a wedding and the father is giving away the bride...most will not address the groom, they are welcomed to but it is not in their place.  the father of the bride is wise to let the son-in-law know how much he cares for his daughter.  these wise word should be ingrain in the son-in-law, to respect and love their daughter as much as they did.  heave those words and he will be prosperous, a happy wife makes a happy life.

Like this post: +1
wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 03:20:50 PM »
Very well-said by the father.

That last sentence does not quite flow well in the paragraph.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 08:35:45 AM »
aren't these words relay during the zaj tshoob? when they say....somethi ng like..."zoo li kuv os zoo li kuv..."  :P  but not in those same exact words...
LOL...zoo nkauj li koj, mas!  ha!

this is the part when the family ntuas ntxhais-vauv.  do you remember what your father said you?

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

flint-rod

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 11:02:45 AM »
by hmong standards if you're a woman and you're getting hitched in your mid to late 20's... i'm sure your parents appreciate that you're finally hitched and want you out of their home as fast as possible... lol!

anyway, it is tradition to have an uncle or an older brother ntuas the bride... when my baby sister got hitched in her late 20's as well... because she lived with me and my father is no longer alive... i simply wished them the best because i knew he's a good guy and she was a working professional with a college degree and a good job...

ain't no... ntxhais/muam... *clears throat... hnub no koj ua lawv neeg lawm... vauv/yawm-yij ua tub sab tub nyiag los koj ua tub sab tub nyiag thiab nawb...! koj yuav mus hwm nws niam nws txiv nws tej kwv tej tij... tej muam... etc... typical of what a lot of uncles and brothers or dads would say to the bride... lol!

Advertisements