Advertisement

Author Topic: Pho restaurant Owner resigned after using the N-word  (Read 3415 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Pho restaurant Owner resigned after using the N-word
« on: March 12, 2019, 05:52:22 PM »

The owner of a Vietnamese restaurant has resigned after calling an employee the N-word in a text message. “I will never use that word again,” Danh Le tells Yahoo Lifestyle.

Domo Schneckenburg, formerly a Pho Shack general manager at locations in Katy and Sugar Land, Texas, posted Facebook screenshots of a group text between co-owner Le, his associate, and herself right after she quit her job of two and a half years on Friday.

“Domo just called and say she quit,” wrote Le. “I said ok. Thank you. Her last day will be Thursday. Ima call her later and tell her her last day will be today. F*** the [N-word]. Don’t like that b**** attitude anyways.”

“Lmaooooooo,” wrote Domo.

Le wrote back, “Leave the key with Wilber for me. If u want your last check. Close tonight out correctly and professionally .”

“The [N-word] says f*** you,” wrote Schneckenburg.

The 26-year-old wrote on Facebook, “I won’t lie and say I wasn’t surprised by [Le]’s reaction because I was. It was a rude awakening that the stereotypes between black and Asians are still true, New generation or not. Regardless of how long you have known them, how hard you have worked, how trustworthy you have been, whether or not the family knows you, etc. You’re still a [N-word] in their eyes. I guess my first sign should have been when the owners would casually say ‘[N-word]’ until I told them it made me uncomfortable…”

Schneckenburg tells Yahoo Lifestyle that she quit her job partly because Le kept saying the N-word. “When I got the text, I was extremely hurt and angry and I flipped a table over,” she says. “I also called a staff meeting because I wanted everyone to know what the owner thinks of me.”

Le called the police after Schneckenburg flipped the table. The Sugar Land Police Department sent Yahoo Lifestyle a police report that read, “The owner said his manager quit but began yelling in a hostile manner, flipping tables over and broke glasses before leaving. The employee was no longer at the location, and the owner did not choose to file charges. The owner contacted SLPD again on March 9 at about 6 p.m. and said he was receiving threatening messages from his former employee. SLPD has increased patrols at the business.”

Schneckenburg tells Yahoo Lifestyle that she wants people to stop calling the Pho Shack to harass her innocent co-workers. “They are not a part of this,” she wrote on Facebook.

Yelp temporarily suspended the comments section of the restaurant’s page to stop inauthentic reviews, and the private catering company Daddy Duncan’s BBQ ended its partnership with the Pho Shack: “We are aware of recent allegations of racial discrimination at The Pho Shack Sugar Land & Katy,” the company wrote on Facebook Saturday. “We do not condone discrimination in any shape or form. Therefore, we have stopped all business with The Pho Shack as of today.”

Le apologized on the now removed Facebook page of the business. “This is Danh Le. I am here today to apologize for my actions and behavior. I understand your anger towards me and I don’t deserve or expect forgiveness. This is the biggest lesson of my life as I know now how much words can hurt,” he wrote.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Pho restaurant Owner resigned after using the N-word
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 10:31:35 PM »
i'm not black, and i get offended hearing the N word..haha but to be honest in my opinion...nobo dy, not even a black person should be using that word....it's not just a word, it's a word with a lot of blood on it as the black people themselves have said many times. nobody should ever have to hear that word being used ever agaiin, no matter how it is use and between who or to who.

Well me and my Hmong friends be like ..

Word up kaydoo....  No Hmong were offended by it yet. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 10:48:10 PM »

He stepped down but the name of the business is still under his. What a crap load to support this monkey.  Name could change but the new owner is probably one of his and he's still the puppet master to the business. 

This is what ignorant looks like.  They take your money but talk chit about you.  I had my hair cut and I played the non Viet guy just to hear what they be talking in Viet to one another.  If only y'all know and thank you for supporting the pho house.  They take your money and looks down on Hmong people.  You would of thought that by living near a Hmong populated city like st. Paul and exposure to Hmong people would bridge the gap between the Hmong and Viet, y'all need to think again.  For years I've been here and still the only Viet around.  That tells you something right there.  Something is not right and do you see Viet people at your Hmong village?  My MN cuz don't tell me nothing about your Hmong village.  I had to learn it from you guys. 

Poor kaydoo got used for working there for two years.  Even two years worth of exposure, that viet monkey still sees her as a kaydoo. 

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 02:10:44 PM »
Pho dac-bietch!  ha!

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline mind-teaser

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 02:15:26 PM »

He stepped down but the name of the business is still under his. What a crap load to support this monkey.  Name could change but the new owner is probably one of his and he's still the puppet master to the business. 

This is what ignorant looks like.  They take your money but talk chit about you.  I had my hair cut and I played the non Viet guy just to hear what they be talking in Viet to one another.  If only y'all know and thank you for supporting the pho house.  They take your money and looks down on Hmong people.  You would of thought that by living near a Hmong populated city like st. Paul and exposure to Hmong people would bridge the gap between the Hmong and Viet, y'all need to think again.  For years I've been here and still the only Viet around.  That tells you something right there.  Something is not right and do you see Viet people at your Hmong village?  My MN cuz don't tell me nothing about your Hmong village.  I had to learn it from you guys. 

Poor kaydoo got used for working there for two years.  Even two years worth of exposure, that viet monkey still sees her as a kaydoo.

Oh Hmong people know how the Viet are saying about Hmong. We're not dumb! We're just better at ignoring people with a racist attitude like the Viet! Their racist attitude toward us MEANS we're just better than them! However, if you HEAR what HMOOB said about Viet people, you will be PISSED, brother!!!! So it GOES both way. We're just human, we all have the capability to LOVE or HATE!!! People/YOU can decide!   

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 09:03:17 PM »
Oh Hmong people know how the Viet are saying about Hmong. We're not dumb! We're just better at ignoring people with a racist attitude like the Viet! Their racist attitude toward us MEANS we're just better than them! However, if you HEAR what HMOOB said about Viet people, you will be PISSED, brother!!!! So it GOES both way. We're just human, we all have the capability to LOVE or HATE!!! People/YOU can decide!

Theking would say depends so it is per base kind of a situation.  I'm not here to voice that what is should happens, I'm here to say that racism and ignorance still exist in today's world. 

Like they don't mind if their kids plays and works with one another, just that they will not give you the blessings to marry one. 

This case here shows you that kaydoo are the jokes of many nations.  Are are only good as slaves and we crack kaydoo jokes.  Hell, why you think I uses the kaydoo words so much?  I'm not racist but it is better to say kaydoo than to be calling people by niggros.  It is no longer a fighting word.  I raised eyebrows in MN when I called my MN Somalian kaydoo as nigga when i see him in public.  He don't mind cuz he's not really a nigga he says. 

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 10:45:41 PM »
I finally have my first Vietnamese in-law about a year ago when a relative married one, and so far so good...

With that said, Vietnamese and Cambodians are the two S.E. Asian groups that I've heard many Hmong parents warn their kids about in terms of hooking up back in the days.

Me, I don't care about race, ethnicity, religion, status, profession, etc, as there are good and bad apples in every basket...FACT! ...I care more about their character and they way they carry themselves than their skin tone, religion, etc.,,,

Offline Ma|3Strang3r

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 02:46:21 PM »
No other race can call them the N word but they can call each others the N-word, and nobody care. HOW STUPID IT IS!!!

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 03:24:21 PM »
i'm not black, and i get offended hearing the N word..haha but to be honest in my opinion...nobo dy, not even a black person should be using that word....it's not just a word, it's a word with a lot of blood on it as the black people themselves have said many times. nobody should ever have to hear that word being used ever agaiin, no matter how it is use and between who or to who.
These days, people get so offended by that word that other people use it just to offend them.  Other than that, I don't see any reason why people use that word.  It means nothing to me so I have no need to ever use it.  I just use Kdo instead.

Peachy Fish

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2019, 09:56:43 PM »
I dislike that word as much as "chink", "cracker", and "gook". I have experienced prejudice and racism from all spectrums. Best thing I find that works for me so far is stand up to the racism/prejudice, but don't stoop to their level.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 02:28:38 AM »
Yep, gotta stand up for your rights when someone violates it.. O0

Starscream

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 10:13:14 PM »
dumbshtt like le is straigh up racist. if he thinks blacks are niggas. imagine what he thinks of hmongs...proba bly refer to us as miao

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2019, 02:27:47 PM »
I dislike that word as much as "chink", "cracker", and "gook". I have experienced prejudice and racism from all spectrums. Best thing I find that works for me so far is stand up to the racism/prejudice, but don't stoop to their level.

If an older guy in a 10k suit calls you a chink, how do you respond? How about a young thug who for sure would attack you?

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2019, 02:31:32 PM »
The N word is a universal word IMO.  Asians and other ethnics use it all the time with their hommies.  Thanks to the Blacks, the N word have meaning today. 

Truth is the Black are to be blame for keeping this word alive after all these decades.  Blacks give it life, power, meaning, pain, etc. 

Here the most backward kicker: 

White people created the N word to label Blacks as below dirt and less than human.  Amazingly, the White racist was able to embedded, hypnotized and crippled the Black people to keep preaching their created branding making it strongly vivid and well today.  Black people are so in a trance, captive, memorize and control by this racist word that they are so backward retarded and continue to identify themselves as such with self respect and pride everytime they say it.  The N word have become a part of the Black people lifestyle, culture and language daily and they have embrace this word to the fullest as their own and because they are the only one who can say it, they continue to give it meaning and long live the word as they thrive on exhorting it.  As other ethnic groups have abandon and stop preaching racist word that humiliate, degrade, suppress and shame their kind, Blacks were able to keep their branding, the N word alive and viral.  Conclusion is when you have implanted a virus, computer chip or in this case a word inside the mind of a certain group, class, ethnic, tribal, etc and after many centuries they are still being revive by it, the result is priceless.  You have achieve the impossible and therefore is the most genius of all.  Don’t hate me, hate the truth. 

Offline mind-teaser

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2019, 03:19:57 PM »
The N word is a universal word IMO.  Asians and other ethnics use it all the time with their hommies.  Thanks to the Blacks, the N word have meaning today. 

Truth is the Black are to be blame for keeping this word alive after all these decades.  Blacks give it life, power, meaning, pain, etc. 

Here the most backward kicker: 

White people created the N word to label Blacks as below dirt and less than human.  Amazingly, the White racist was able to embedded, hypnotized and crippled the Black people to keep preaching their created branding making it strongly vivid and well today.  Black people are so in a trance, captive, memorize and control by this racist word that they are so backward retarded and continue to identify themselves as such with self respect and pride everytime they say it.  The N word have become a part of the Black people lifestyle, culture and language daily and they have embrace this word to the fullest as their own and because they are the only one who can say it, they continue to give it meaning and long live the word as they thrive on exhorting it.  As other ethnic groups have abandon and stop preaching racist word that humiliate, degrade, suppress and shame their kind, Blacks were able to keep their branding, the N word alive and viral.  Conclusion is when you have implanted a virus, computer chip or in this case a word inside the mind of a certain group, class, ethnic, tribal, etc and after many centuries they are still being revive by it, the result is priceless.  You have achieve the impossible and therefore is the most genius of all.  Don’t hate me, hate the truth.

GOOD POINT!!!

Advertisements