Advertisement

Author Topic: Proud of myself. Did 2 good deeds in one day.  (Read 572 times)

Anonymous

Proud of myself. Did 2 good deeds in one day.
« on: March 14, 2019, 10:10:58 AM »
I wanted to post it on here under anon because I don't really care to be recognized for the good deeds, but just wanted to share since I'm feeling proud of myself.

Yesterday:
1.  I decided to walk out of the office to the Viet store down the block to see if they had anything I can get for lunch.  Between, my work place and the viet store was a little convenience store that sold nachos.  As I was walking by, this guy on the sidewalk calls out to me " Sir! SIR!" and I was thinking I should ignore him but decided to ask "Can I help you?" and he said "Sir, an you buy me some nachos?"  So I waved for him to follow me into the store and bought him some nachos. One good deed down, one to go.

2.  In the evening, I was waiting for a seat.  This guy was walking out and grabbed onto the edge on the wall.  He was just holding it and another guy walked passed and asked if he was okay and he said he felt drowsy.  The other guy calls the hosts and said "Can you guys call security to help, he says he's feeling drowsy". The hosts called for security and one went to stand next to the guy while the other guy walked out.  I was watching and noticed the guy's legs started to shake, he was about to collapse so I walked up and said "Maybe we can help him to a bench", then the host got a better idea and said "hold on".  I grabbed a hold of the guy's arm pits to keep him from falling and by now, all his weight was on me.  I held him up while the host brought back a chair.  I sat him down and then security showed up.

Update:  So I found out that the host/manager was thankful for my assistance and gave me $50 credit to their steak house and I can use it anytime I want.  YAY!!!

« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 10:05:57 AM by Anonymous »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Anonymous

Re: Proud of myself. Did 2 good deeds in one day.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 11:04:04 AM »
Nice work. O0

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 01:26:19 PM »
I need lunch, where you work?

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 01:46:32 PM »
I need lunch, where you work?
Next to the convenience store and down the block from the viet store.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 02:56:02 PM »
Really? You did this and you knew you had one to go?

I wanted to post it on here under anon because I don't really care to be recognized for the good deeds, but just wanted to share since I'm feeling proud of myself.

Yesterday:
1.  I decided to walk out of the office to the Viet store down the block to see if they had anything I can get for lunch.  Between, my work place and the viet store was a little convenience store that sold nachos.  As I was walking by, this guy on the sidewalk calls out to me " Sir! SIR!" and I was thinking I should ignore him but decided to ask "Can I help you?" and he said "Sir, an you buy me some nachos?"  So I waved for him to follow me into the store and bought him some nachos. One good deed down, one to go.

2.  In the evening, I was waiting for a seat.  This guy was walking out and grabbed onto the edge on the wall.  He was just holding it and another guy walked passed and asked if he was okay and he said he felt drowsy.  The other guy calls the hosts and said "Can you guys call security to help, he says he's feeling drowsy". The hosts called for security and one went to stand next to the guy while the other guy walked out.  I was watching and noticed the guy's legs started to shake, he was about to collapse so I walked up and said "Maybe we can help him to a bench", then the host got a better idea and said "hold on".  I grabbed a hold of the guy's arm pits to keep him from falling and by now, all his weight was on me.  I held him up while the host brought back a chair.  I sat him down and then security showed up.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 01:47:54 PM »
don't be niave. you don't get anything out of doing good. your kindness will be seen as weakness only. besides when you do good for a stranger, it's really not for them, but for yourself. ;D

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 02:29:19 PM »
don't be niave. you don't get anything out of doing good. your kindness will be seen as weakness only. besides when you do good for a stranger, it's really not for them, but for yourself. ;D
yes, could be because it felt good to be able to help someone in need.  O0

Offline highway

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +113
    • View Profile
    • Kiva
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 09:02:41 AM »
You should be proud of yourself for helping others (the whole world could use more helping hands) but I'm not sure why you have to tell us, anon or not, since, I believe, doing so is counterproduct ive to your good deeds.... because, honestly, aren't you just now bragging? Maybe on some moral superficial high ground? I mean we all know there's no such thing as true altruism --you helped because you got some intrinsic reward out of it. After all, I don't go tooting my good deed for not robbing a bank.

live simply so others may simply live
go vegan

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 10:41:08 AM »
You should be proud of yourself for helping others (the whole world could use more helping hands) but I'm not sure why you have to tell us, anon or not, since, I believe, doing so is counterproduct ive to your good deeds.... because, honestly, aren't you just now bragging? Maybe on some moral superficial high ground? I mean we all know there's no such thing as true altruism --you helped because you got some intrinsic reward out of it. After all, I don't go tooting my good deed for not robbing a bank.

If a bank gets robbed, I will be thinking of you. :)

Offline highway

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
    • Kiva
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 11:24:42 AM »
If a bank gets robbed, I will be thinking of you. :)
You're too kind.

go vegan

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 11:36:22 AM »
Really? You did this and you knew you had one to go?
I think what op is trying to say is that he/she did two good deeds and is done telling one.  and there's one more left to tell.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 12:30:16 PM »
You're too kind.

It was my pleasure.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2019, 10:07:19 AM »
OP here: Found out that the Host/manager appreciated my help with the situation and gave me $50 credit to their restaurant.  It's a steakhouse.  They make great steaks too.  YAY for me!!

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2019, 04:01:51 PM »
OP here: Found out that the Host/manager appreciated my help with the situation and gave me $50 credit to their restaurant.  It's a steakhouse.  They make great steaks too.  YAY for me!!

Good deeds do pay off after all!

Offline highway

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
    • Kiva
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2019, 05:08:03 AM »
How naive. Why didn't they just give/hand out the $50 to the guy to begin with? Apparently, they see no value in someone who has no money to spend. You, on the other hand, do have money. The tactic is to get you in with the credit in hope that you'll spend more. It's all business --nothing good or altruistic about it.

go vegan

Advertisements