Advertisement

Author Topic: Used to eat pigeons from the attic in Richmond but this one is too rich for me  (Read 661 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
 ;D:

Someone just paid $1.4 million for this pigeon

Let's face it. We treat most pigeons pretty shabbily. We shoo them away from downtown sidewalks, leave them shivering in alleys and, when they try to find a little respite in trees, we stud the branches with nails.

...But every now and then a pigeon comes along — a superstar, if you will — who represents a major leap forward for pigeon-kind. It's the kind of leap that forces us to re-examine our relationship with these downtrodden birds.

..Someone valued him so much, they paid a record-smashing $1.4 million at an online auction to take the emerald-green feathered bird home. The princely sum was doled out by unknown Chinese buyers through PIPA, an auction house that specializes in pigeons.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
it goes to show how stupid some chinese people are! $1.4mil, the bird must lay golden eggs poop! ha!

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Oh that's chump change money for the wealthy. 

Some are in it for the best things in life.  Like a bunch of us on the block are all billionaires but I stand alone cuz I got the 2019 defending champ Homer racer. 

I once payed $350 for a tiny fish.  It turned out well.  All red, the shape of a ping pong paddle and with golden, yes gold n not yellow spots all over its body.  I bread it with a parrot fish n got his son.  I had more but only kept the biggest son.  He was the opposite.  Purple in color.  Breed it back to another parrot n the guy was shooting blanks.  After the son died, I had no more stock to play with.  Ended my hobby shortly after.  I will never again pay big money for something that can only live up to 3 years. 

But, i have to say that money isn't a thing.  What was more important was I did it.  I was able to buy a stock from Malaysia, had shipped to the OC to my transhipper and drove down there to get him. 

My friend imported an illegal red arrowana fish.  He kept it in his room on the second floor.  When his house got robbed, they only took his fish. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements