Advertisement

Author Topic: backyard chickens is not just a Hmong thing  (Read 268 times)

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +29
    • View Profile
backyard chickens is not just a Hmong thing
« on: March 26, 2019, 01:57:43 PM »
other day I dropped by my parents home. they live in somewhat of the ghettos...I decided to take alittle stroll around the block. the same block I use to walk to and from school, rode bikes and play with the other kids. kids i went to school with and grew up with.

well, about every 5-8 houses...I would hear a rooster crow...l was like no way, that Hmong family moved out a long time ago...No way is that a Hmong family, they have a big ass dodge ram, chevy impala, Ford focus...no way they are Hmong...lols

it was a nice nostalgic walk though...and made it back safe...lols

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Online VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +334
    • View Profile
Re: backyard chickens is not just a Hmong thing
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 02:38:45 AM »
Red necks come in all colors.  :2funny:

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Respect: +424
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 08:35:38 AM »
That's not in St. Paul for sure. No one can have a rooster on any hill here. You can have one hen in your backyard but if you want more hens, you have to get your neighbors' approval as well as the city's approval.

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 04:55:06 PM »
haha where my parents stay, it's consider the city limit...and the same regulation...o nly hens, i think 3 to be exact, allow. but there is a code of honor i like to think...if your neighbors don't complain, the animal patrol will not bother...lols

i think more people realize the power of raising chickens can supress a lot of stress...i think that's why it's so popular now days. forget the news, i'm going to feed my chickens instead...lols

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 05:47:32 PM »
Stress reliever?  :2funny:

I don't know. But it definitely need to stop, if they want to raise roosters and chickens, they need to go to the farm. Having dogs bark is already annoying enough, imagine roosters that lost their heads crowing at midnight or whenever it feels like it. It's ridiculous... I was in Thailand in the hills and they have 1 crazy rooster that would crow at midnight & 2-3 in the morning, it was damn annoying and hard to sleep because all roosters follow suit. I couldn't figure out which one. If I did, I will offer the owner $100 have the rooster roasted. :2funny:

Advertisements